Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Interface Missing Menus

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop V21 and the application (menu) bar across the top is blank (solid color) and the borders are missing on the sides and bottom. Also on application bar at top the PS Icon on left end and min/max/close on right end are missing, not just blank.  The Photoshop screen area shows my wallpaper instead of blank backround.  Left side toolbar is there as well as panels on the right.  Switching off GPU doesn't help nor does uninstalling/reinstalling.  I can click on menu area and menus drop down but application bar itself is blank so it is hit-or-miss.  V20 still works fine with w/GPU or without.  Lightroom 9/Camera Raw 12 have no problems, just PS.  Windows 10 V1903 64 bit, 6GB memory  (i know,  its not much but it works fine with V20.  I use SSD for swapdisk).

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Interface Missing Menus

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop V21 and the application (menu) bar across the top is blank (solid color) and the borders are missing on the sides and bottom. Also on application bar at top the PS Icon on left end and min/max/close on right end are missing, not just blank.  The Photoshop screen area shows my wallpaper instead of blank backround.  Left side toolbar is there as well as panels on the right.  Switching off GPU doesn't help nor does uninstalling/reinstalling.  I can click on menu area and menus drop down but application bar itself is blank so it is hit-or-miss.  V20 still works fine with w/GPU or without.  Lightroom 9/Camera Raw 12 have no problems, just PS.  Windows 10 V1903 64 bit, 6GB memory  (i know,  its not much but it works fine with V20.  I use SSD for swapdisk).

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting "F" on your keyboard to switch from full-screen view.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't full screen view to begin with.  I tried it any way and it didn't work.  It just makes the same interface problem full screen or toggles to just the image full screen.  Thanks anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 0
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people have reported this. The fix seems to be checking to see if you have more than one video driver installed, like, say, Nvidia and Intel, and disabling the Intel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's good news/bad news. Glad I'm not the only one and it could now be called a bug. I do have multiple drivers: Intel, AMD and a DVI driver.  Maybe I can start by uninstalling the DVI driver I don't use anymore (it was for a dock that my monitor used to be connected to that used USB connection to the laptop).  Hopefully that won't also disable the dock that everything else is still plugged into.

Since V20 worked fine maybe I'll just wait and hope they fix V21. They should be able to track down what changed. Is there somewhere else I can submit a bug report?

Thanks for your reply. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I've posted over there now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where else did you see this reported?  Jeffrey Tranberry is asking on the Photoshop Family forum where I asked the same questions:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-v21-application-bar-has-no-menu-ite...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. All my open file tabs keep disappearing, I try using Window->Arrange and various options including consolidate all to tabs and nothing happens. If I float all in window sometimes they come back but I can't re-tab them (preferred mode).
Now, after 'hitting f' as per advice found somewhere else, all my menus are gone and I can't get them back so far. Nightmare. 21.0.1 release

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on V21.  Adobe says the problem is that my GPU doesn't support DirectX12 and OpenGL is no longer used by V21 so my GPU is now useless to PS.  I'm not so sure it isn't a bug (see the thread in the other forum mentioned above).  I've gone backwards to 11.3 on CR so at least it uses my GPU.  However, my GPU is also useless to LR9 now so sooner rather than later I'll have to upgrade my computer.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the intel graphic adaptor like someone suggested and restarted Photoshop and it seemed to have worked.

To disable, go to Device Manager, then Display Adaptors and select Intel, click Driver tab and disable device.

Hope it works for you too. PS Not sure if this will mess up other software...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I was having the same issue, the display drivers I have are AMD Radeon R5 M230 and AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. I had to disable the second one and PS is running back to normal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had AMD Radeon R5 435 and AMD Radeon R7 Graphics. Disabled second one and it solved the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me also. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, in this video, i am explaining, HOW to CHECK and ENABLE GRAPHICS PROCESSOR in ADOBE PHOTOSHOP for BETTER PERFORMANCE? Subscribe my channel : https:...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2020 0