• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop top menu bar is missing (File, Edit, Image..)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer see the top Application Menu (File, Edit, etc.).  Running Win 10, 64 bit on an old HP Pavillion i5 with AMD Radeon HD 6300m Series (version 15.201.1151.1008) & Intel HD Graphics (version 8.15.10.2900).  In an attempt to fix, I disabled Intel Graphics but computer went black.  Rebooted and AMD Radeon driver had a big ! and had been disabled by windows.  So I turned Intel Graphics back on.  Hoping someone has a solution to make the Menu reappear.  If not, is there a way I can go back to previous version?

Thank you

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Thanks All,

It took a few days and its not perfect but I have a workaround. Apparently it doesnt like duel graphics cards. If I go into device manager and disable one of them then I can run Photoshop with no issues. Just means I have to keep disabling and enabling a graphics card but at least I can carry on with my work for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

@tmpnsan @I found this previous answer on an earlier conversation. Maybe it will help you

For AMD users, those who don't want to update their drivers. Here is the solution:

1. open Adobe Photoshop, minimize it

2. Right click on desktop, open AMD Radeon settings,

3. go to preferences,

4. Click radeon additional settings

5. Click tab switchable graphics application settings

6. In recent application

7. Use drop down menu to change 

Photoshop.exe and

Adobe spaces helper.exe to power saving

Now restart the ado

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 131 Replies 131
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that's worked for a couple of people with this issue is checking if you have multiple graphics drivers installed, like, say, an Intel and Nvidia, and deactivate the Intel one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Ok. I will try

Hi, I finally did it

What I did was update the driver of my computers graphic card. After I reseted my computer I uninstalled Photoshop and installed it again. And that was it.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. I want to update my driver, but I don´t know how. Could you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First you must identify what video card your computer has. Then you can update it from the software that controls the graphics card or go to its website and look for the latest driver developed for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only kind of worked for me - I can disable my intel graphics driver and photoshop will work, but if my computer falls asleep or I restart the screen comes up all stretched out. Looks like the only solution for me right now is to disable the intel card before I start up photoshop, but then enable it again before I'm done using my computer for the day. Less than ideal, I hope this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating the Intel one did work for me! Thanks 1000 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For AMD users, those who don't want to update their drivers. Here is the solution:

1. open Adobe Photoshop, minimize it

2. Right click on desktop, open AMD Radeon settings,

3. go to preferences,

4. Click radeon additional settings

5. Click tab switchable graphics application settings

6. In recent application

7. Use drop down menu to change 

Photoshop.exe and

Adobe spaces helper.exe to power saving

Now restart the adobe photoshop (just close and open).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, Thank you for the Guidelines!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! You are a genius! Adobe should put it somewhere as visible as possible on their website, as I think a lot of people have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have nor been able to resolve this issues for months now 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer I was looking for. Not sure why this is not the top answer. 
I want to add keeping all your apps on power saving mode in the AMD Radeon setting. (Additional Setting) 
Sometimes AMD make some Apps like Photoshop on a "High Performance" Mode Setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, It's saved my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your tip, it solved the problem with missed menu bar! Simple assigning to "Power saver" mode has helped to avoid this dirty hack with switching off the integrated graphic card through Device Manager.

However, now the Photoshop recognizes only integrated gpu in the performance settings tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!!! THANK YOU !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Been a year without the menu bar!! Thanks, you are awesome for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this and it works.  I have actually updated my graphics drivers to the most up-to-date that I can however still had to do this and fixed it.  It's taken me all day to get this to work but it worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help for Intel users, I have not tried it, do reply if it works.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem and I am NOT at all happy about it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This not an answer!  My probems have not been solved!  You have not earned your fee.  If you try and charge my credit card, I will contest.

Very disapointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop V21 and the application (menu) bar across the top is blank (solid color) and the borders are missing on the sides and bottom. Also on application bar at top the PS Icon on left end and min/max/close on right end are missing, not just blank.  The Photoshop screen area shows my wallpaper instead of blank backround.  Left side toolbar is there as well as panels on the right.  Switching off GPU doesn't help nor does uninstalling/reinstalling.  I can click on menu area and menus drop down but application bar itself is blank so it is hit-or-miss.  V20 still works fine with w/GPU or without.  Lightroom 9/Camera Raw 12 have no problems, just PS.  Windows 10 V1903 64 bit, 6GB memory  (i know,  its not much but it works fine with V20.  I use SSD for swapdisk).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hitting "F" on your keyboard to switch from full-screen view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines