Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Keeps Crashing (MacBook Pro - macOS Catalina)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop automatically updated, and now it crashes on my Macbook Pro. I will open a file and then when I try to do something it crashes. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling and restrating my Mac. Anyone have any clues as to why? Or what I can do to fix this? I use Photoshop all the time and this is really hindering my work. 

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing on your computer when opening a file. 

Would you mind resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Also, make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Thanks,

Akash

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Keeps Crashing (MacBook Pro - macOS Catalina)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop automatically updated, and now it crashes on my Macbook Pro. I will open a file and then when I try to do something it crashes. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling and restrating my Mac. Anyone have any clues as to why? Or what I can do to fix this? I use Photoshop all the time and this is really hindering my work. 

Hi there,

Would you mind resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Also, make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Thanks,

Akash

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 08, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! That worked. Thank you for the help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem. When I launch Photoshop2020 it launches the start page and stops responding. This happened with mojave so I updated to Catalina (15.5) and the problem persists. I tried the solution above but it still won't work.

Any other suggestions?

kabii

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying this solution several times, uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, the problem continues. I launched Photoshop from terminal and this is where it seems to get stuck :

Creating new log file at: /Users/.../Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020//ACPL__2020-06-13_20-19-26-631592-+0200_00.log
2020-06-13 20:19:27.166 Adobe Photoshop 2020[1486:29783] Reachability Flag Status: xR ------- networkStatusForFlags
<4792643008> <DynamicLink> <5> Attempting to launch dynamiclinkmanager
<4792643008> <DynamicLink> <5> /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Adobe Photoshop 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/DynamicLinkMediaServer/dynamiclinkmanager.app

<4792643008> <DynamicLink> <5> Increase wait time to 32

Repeated alerts popped up, I cancelled each, and eventually they went away, and after about 5 minutes it finally responded and i was able to open a file.

Terminal added this

objc[1543]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeGCClient/AdobeGCClient.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeGCClient (0x1064e74f0) and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeGCClient/HDPIM.dylib (0x1099a1890). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[1543]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeGCClient/AdobeGCClient.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobeGCClient (0x1064e7540) and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeGCClient/HDPIM.dylib (0x1099a18e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
*** GPU Warning: GPU model is black-listed for GPU3. ***
objc[1486]: Class CertificateVerifier is implemented in both /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Adobe Photoshop 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop 2020 (0x1130ae9d8) and /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/LCC/imshelper.dylib (0x216b43648). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
[0613/202949.508124:ERROR:local_storage_context_mojo.cc(706)] Lost connection to database
logout.
I can now start it up, but it takes a long, long time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still won't work, keep closing down again. what should i do next?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, seems many people are experiecing the exact same issue... Dear Adobe devellopers, please do something, this represents working hours going to the bin....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Photoshop and InDesign. Adobe are not helping me on the chat and none of the simple fixes in the trouble shooting guide are doing anything. Both programmes crash and close within the first few seconds when I open them and i can't work! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1