Exit

Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing on Mac

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

i have some troubles with Photoshop CC 2020. It keeps crashing unexpectedly

I mostly use the pen tool and sometimes i can use it for an hour and everything is fine and sometimes Photoshop crashes after a view minutes. Sometimes i can close it via the activity monitor but most of the time the entire mac freezes and i have to restart it.

The problem does not accure with Photoshop CC 2019.

What i have tried so far:

- delete Photoshop preferences

- reinstall all Creative Cloud Apps

- different GPU preferences

- disable GPU

- using old compositing

My System:

MacBook Pro (16, 2019)

CPU: 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I also use the Wacom Intuos Pro M with Photoshop.

Kind regards 

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop since the update. Did you start facing this issue after the latest update? Do you experience the issue only with the Wacom tablet connected? Have you tried to disconnect the Wacom tablet to check if the issue persists?

Please ensure you have all available macOS updates installed on the computer. You can try creating a new user account on the computer to test if the application behaves the same way there as well. You can check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

i only work with the wacom tablet with photoshop.

The issues began with the update from CC 2019 to CC 2020.

Everything is updated to the latest version. (macOS, Photoshop, Wacom dirver)

I will try it without the Tablet, but my work relies on a tablet.

Kind regards

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I notice it particularly when cloning. If I use a mouse it does not happen.

In addition, PS 21.2.0 has weird layer and mask issues where it will not update the image when I am trying to adjust the mask. When I hide a layer it will not even hide that layer until I hide the underlying layer.

I am using an iMac 2019 5K with 64GB RAM running the latest version of Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
I have updated to CC 2020 and had a simular problem with my 13inch cintiq, mainly when transformimg an object in photoshop. Lost loads of time and work due to this. 
I found that in my system prefference there was duplicate devices in the Wacom panel. I deleted down to one device and its not crashed since. Not sure why there were multiple duplicate devices.. its a clean iMac Pro with clean CC install 

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

didnt last long.. now crashes pretty much every time i use a brush with my wacom. Very annoying and costly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines