• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing on Macbook pro when selecting the type tool

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 keeps crashing on my Macbook pro.

It opens up all the photo's I select, by when I want to use the type tool it just quits on me. Is this a know bug and how can I fix it? I use Photoshop for work every day and I can use it now, I'm using the paid version which makes it quite annoying.

Thanks in advance!

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing with Photoshop on your MacBook Pro.

Would you mind confirming the macOS version you are using? If you are using macOS Catalina, you can try to add Photoshop to the accessibility list for macOS by going to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > select the Privacy tab. Also grant permissions to Photoshop under Files and Folders then restart the computer to check if that helps.

Photoshop crashing while selecting the text tool may be due to corrupt fonts on the computer. You can check the steps mentioned in the article linked below to check if that helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Please takes a backup of your presets, plug-ins, actions, etc. prior to resetting the preferences. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. 

It's strange because it happened a few times with Catalina and the older version of PS. I still have the same Catalina version and Photoshop 2020 and it suddenly doesn't work anymore. I can't type anything, it just crashes immediatly. Somehow I don't think it's the fonts I have.

Could there be another problem and solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now it seems the issue may either be due to corrupt fonts or an issue with the permissions. That is the reason I suggested you to try and troubleshoot for both using the provided steps. 

You can run a font test on the font book in Mac to check if there are any fonts with errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts just work. Unfortunately it now I can't open PSD files. Photoshop opens the file, but I can't see anything on screen. So it's not just the fonts, they all work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then select Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphics Processor? Then check the option to Use Legacy Compositing and relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a software issue that needs to be fixed ASAP. I have work to do!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my IMAC and also pay for it.

This is beyond annoying... cant type anything!!! Please fix this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it still happens to me too often. It doesn't matter what font I use, it just crashes the moment I start to type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop due to the text tool and for the delay in response. Please update Photoshop to the latest version (21.1.1) through the Creative Cloud desktop application and check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines