• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Lagging

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to a 2019 iMac. It's running the latest version of Catalina and I updated Photoshop to the latest 2020 version.

Photoshop worked fine before, but I've noticed recently that every time I switch between Chrome and Photoshop, Photoshop freezes for a few seconds with the spinning wheel. It happens when I select areas and fill them with colour, it happens when I select any tool after saving... It happens a lot. With the most basic of tools/functions.

The constant lags and freezing is slowing everything I do down and is incredibly frustrating. I've seen others are having problems with PS 2020 but I'm not experiencing crashes (yet). Anyone else experiencing these sort of lags? And any solutions working for them? I've tried the basics of adjusting and optimising prefs with no luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing purposes, does the same thing happen if you try another browser and switch between that browser and Photoshop? Do you have any add-ons in Chrome that you can try disabling to see if they are causing the conflict?

You can also try the steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, thanks for the response.

Yes it happens switching between Photoshop and any other software. Text based apps like Notes or Highland also cause an issue. But even if I have all other software closed and I'm just using PS, it lags when I save or switch between tools.

I've tried those performance tips. As far as I can tell, they didn't have any effect. Still having all the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines