Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 Lighting Effects Failure - macOS Mojave

Nov 25, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

2020 Lighting Effects works only once.  Reset Preferences works again, just once, etc.  

2019 Lighting Effects works fine on same iMac 27 Mojave OS.

Other posts indicate others with same problem.  

Crickets.  

Huh?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 Lighting Effects Failure - macOS Mojave

Nov 25, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

2020 Lighting Effects works only once.  Reset Preferences works again, just once, etc.  

2019 Lighting Effects works fine on same iMac 27 Mojave OS.

Other posts indicate others with same problem.  

Crickets.  

Huh?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

That shouldn't be happening, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil, I will try that and I will report the results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sahil, that seemed to work. I did not try many of the controls, but among those I did, 2020 version Lighting Effects appear to be functional.

Does "Enable Legacy compositing" mean my iMac 27/OS Mojave

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

6 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

is not quite current enough to fully exploit PS 2020?  I have not upgraded to Catalina for fear it's too soon.  
Best

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that has worked for me is to reset my preferences every time I want to use lighting effects. It is ......irritating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying this and I still have to reset my preferences every time I try to use lighting effects. I'm running Catalina OS 10.15.1....I'm usually more careful about not updating quickly. whoops

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. I can't see the guides showing the edges of the lights. Completely useless at this time. I'll try the below suggestion...but don't like the idea of having to do this each time I want to use lighting effects (and am wondering what I am losing access to by going to Legacy).

macOS Catalina

Version 10.15.1 (19B88)

iMac 27"

Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2019

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I applied the Legacy Composites and restarted PS. The lights were on but the guides for moving the lights were not visible. Not much more than before selecting Legacy Composite. I'm looking for suggestions...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you try updating to 21.1, see the release notes about lighting effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines