Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 not recognizing pen pressure for Huion Tablet

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right so my problem is this: I have a Huion Inspiroy Q11K Tablet. It works fine and dandy with other programs, but does not work with Photoshop 2020. I have updated drivers, I have reinstalled Photoshop, and I have unchecked Windows Ink. Nothing has worked at all. I would appreciate any help that does not refer to a wacom tablet or windows ink enabled, please!!

I just want Photoshop to recognize my tablet and use pen pressure.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

In previous versions, you could control pen pressure either through Windows Ink or through Wintab.  With the current version of Photoshop you need to use Windows Ink.

To do that :

1. In your tablet properties make sure the tablet is set to use Windows Ink.

2. If you have previously use PSUserConfig.txt to stop Photoshop from using Windows Ink and force it to use WinTab, then you need to remove that text file.

3. Following 1 and 2 - close and restart Photoshop.

That's it - your tablet should now work through the Windows Ink interface.

Dave

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 not recognizing pen pressure for Huion Tablet

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right so my problem is this: I have a Huion Inspiroy Q11K Tablet. It works fine and dandy with other programs, but does not work with Photoshop 2020. I have updated drivers, I have reinstalled Photoshop, and I have unchecked Windows Ink. Nothing has worked at all. I would appreciate any help that does not refer to a wacom tablet or windows ink enabled, please!!

I just want Photoshop to recognize my tablet and use pen pressure.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

In previous versions, you could control pen pressure either through Windows Ink or through Wintab.  With the current version of Photoshop you need to use Windows Ink.

To do that :

2. If you have previously use PSUserConfig.txt to stop Photoshop from using Windows Ink and force it to use WinTab, then you need to remove that text file.

Dave

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with pen pressure while using your Huion tablet with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the exact version of Photoshop you are using. Did you start facing this issue after the latest Photoshop update? Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

Adobe does not test or officially support Huion tablets. You can check out some of the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

If the issue still persists, we would request you to contact Huion support.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that :

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked, I'm amazed. Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines