Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

Photoshop 2020 is constantly crashing after about 10mins of use. I updated it to the latest version yesterday but I am still getting the same problem. I am back using the 2019 version with no problems, other than my files are saved on the Adobe cloud and 2019 version cannot work off cloud documents. Each time it crashes (Photoshop is not responding) I force it closed and when I restart it, all of the settings and tabs that I put where I like and any extensions etc are gone. It's like the program is opening for the first time each time it crashes. It's really getting on my nerves. I am using a fairly new MacBook Pro with an upgraded processor etc so the hardware is definitely not the issue. 

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone 

Photoshop 2020 is constantly crashing after about 10mins of use. I updated it to the latest version yesterday but I am still getting the same problem. I am back using the 2019 version with no problems, other than my files are saved on the Adobe cloud and 2019 version cannot work off cloud documents. Each time it crashes (Photoshop is not responding) I force it closed and when I restart it, all of the settings and tabs that I put where I like and any extensions etc are gone. It's like the program is opening for the first time each time it crashes. It's really getting on my nerves. I am using a fairly new MacBook Pro with an upgraded processor etc so the hardware is definitely not the issue. 

PLEASE HELP!!!! 

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

»all of the settings and tabs that I put where I like and any extensions etc are gone.«

Did you save your Workspace (and other customized presets like Brushes, Patterns, …)?

If so they should still be available. 

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Please also see this: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with PS 2020 v21.1.2 freezing after about 10 mins of use. I have to 'force quit' and after re-opening it is impossible to recover the lost work. After about 3-4 freeezes and force quits, the application will not re-open at all which has made it  impossible to me to edit any work since the latest upograde was issued. I am using a 27in iMac late 2013 running the latest update of Catalina update:10.15.4, memory:16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Loading old versions of PS v20.0.9 and v19.1.9 results in the same problem - application freezing/force quit. Might this be a compatibility issue with the latest Catalina update?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on the live Chat to Adobe twice and they went through several options, changing settings etc. And in the end the person on the chat told me that there is some issues with Photoshop 2020 on OS Catalina and they are working on resolving it. So basically there is nothing I can do until adobe fix this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Damn! It is impossible to work!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I your problem is quite common. It could be a ram or virtual memory problem. Have you tried increasing the available memory for the application from the settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I went through all of the different settings with an Adobe Representetive and in the end he told me that Adobe is having major crash issues on MacOS Catalina. 
I don't know why he didn't say that at the start and saved me the time. 

it's a joke at this stage. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting quite disappointed by Adobe. We pay monthly, our money are real, so we want to work for real. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows and it's just as much a wreck. I've reached out so many times it's not even funny; They make it worse than better. It's to the point we're paying for a completely busted program. The price vs. the utterly broken program is abhorrent.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly at this point it should be free untill they fix this. Its very stressful and it's not like the monthly payments are cheap.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really sad state of a once great company, Adobe now sucks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines