Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 on Windows 10: UI selections sticking and screwing everything up

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue across the entire PS 2020 UI on Windows 10:

When any menu item is selected, especially a dropdown, it "sticks": the blue outline / highlight stays on it unless you hit ESC. This is nice if you want to flip through layer modes quickly, but annoying in every other instance.

For example, I switch layer modes and then hit "B" to for brush. Nothing happens. Oh, right, because I'm still stuck on the layer mode menu and have to hit ESC first.

OSQM_1-1596603096882.png

The worst is in the swatch menu: for whatever reason, swatch selections now stick also and it results in accidentally rearranging the swatch palette. (When I go to select another swatch, apparently I'm unknowingly dragging the previous one to a different location?)

OSQM_0-1596602962863.png

All of this is such a waste of time and I can't find what this "feature" is called in the documentation.

Is there any way to turn it off?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 on Windows 10: UI selections sticking and screwing everything up

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue across the entire PS 2020 UI on Windows 10:

When any menu item is selected, especially a dropdown, it "sticks": the blue outline / highlight stays on it unless you hit ESC. This is nice if you want to flip through layer modes quickly, but annoying in every other instance.

For example, I switch layer modes and then hit "B" to for brush. Nothing happens. Oh, right, because I'm still stuck on the layer mode menu and have to hit ESC first.

OSQM_1-1596603096882.png

The worst is in the swatch menu: for whatever reason, swatch selections now stick also and it results in accidentally rearranging the swatch palette. (When I go to select another swatch, apparently I'm unknowingly dragging the previous one to a different location?)

OSQM_0-1596602962863.png

All of this is such a waste of time and I can't find what this "feature" is called in the documentation.

Is there any way to turn it off?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can check in preferences for legacy settings.....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific? Where in Preferences does a legacy setting for this particular issue exist?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a reply with a fix for at least one piece of this issue and now it's gone? Was it removed?

It was a link to another user's post on the Photoshop feedback forums with a download of the old swatch panel file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0
OSQM LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0