• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 opens then goes to a black screen and I can’t open anything on it

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed photoshop 2020 on my Mac book pro and it opens then goes to a black screen with no view there are options at the Top I am currently running Mac OS Catalina the latest. I have even uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it and the same problem occurs I can't import photos I can't to anything really any one able to help 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Same comes in my Adobe Photoshop 2020 too. I think that's not a problem at all. You just have to go to file and then you can use New or Open option and get your work done easily.

SunNy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you activate the forcedarkmode in a previous version? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-does-not-function-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1/td-p/...

If not, are you running the latest versions of Photoshop and MacOS? please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else that couldn't fix it by doing all the options suggested, I was able to fix mine by logging out of creative cloud then opening up photoshop & signing it again & it was corrected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. What I did was go into peformances and  make sure the graphic  processor is unchecked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE16137h-ck/?hl=en   When I  launch  photoshop, the  screen goes black If  checked. For some strange reason If i have it as shown in my screen shot that goes away.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 8.43.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the fix for me.  Using MacOS Big Sur and PS 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of this stuff like 10 times and it didn't work. I think I un-installed photoshop about 5 times and upgraded to a different version to keep on having the same issue and the screen stayed blank. 

With the graphics card and the auto home screen showing deactivated, it still wasn't working so I had a look through the toolbar and seen a section under the 'Window' drop  down menu that I haven't noticed before! I selected it and everything suddenly went back to normal and I can use Photoshop the same as before, after hours of trying to get it to work, so this was a big relief. 

I've attached a screenshot of what I selected in the 'Window' drop down menu on Photoshop. It is the option with the tick next to it!

Hope this helps!Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 00.04.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem but i don't have that on my window bar 😞

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.44.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I was going through my files deleting them to create more storage on my mac (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7). Soon after I tried to open up photoshop but it just came up with a blank screen.  I'm currently using photoshop 22.1. I have tried to delete and reinstall photoshop and adobe many times and I have also tried to deselect use graphics processor and rebooted the application but still came up with the blank screen. I had the weird library panel name pop up when I clicked on windows but it showed this (the screenshot below)

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 10.24.13 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I do know that black screen is the display image that is black and not the actual file. I have imported files from other third parties and can see them. When they open in Photoshop the screen is black. I can save the file and see the file correctly in any Web Browser. This is specifically an issue with the screen display in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any luck yet? I have the same problem. Running Big Sur and Photoshop 21. I have unchecked the graphics processor and unistalled reinstalled and restored the photoshop app several times. Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, did you manage to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

temporary fix:

1st step - to get the tabs back if you don't have them available. Go to Windowa --> Workspace and then click the 1st one. Should allow all your tabs to come back if hidden.

2nd step - Now for the blank screen, go to Preferences --> General and check the box that says 'Use Legacy "New Document" Interface. ' This should allow you to make new documents now. Hopefully this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines