Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 opens then goes to a black screen and I can’t open anything on it

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed photoshop 2020 on my Mac book pro and it opens then goes to a black screen with no view there are options at the Top I am currently running Mac OS Catalina the latest. I have even uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it and the same problem occurs I can't import photos I can't to anything really any one able to help 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 opens then goes to a black screen and I can’t open anything on it

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed photoshop 2020 on my Mac book pro and it opens then goes to a black screen with no view there are options at the Top I am currently running Mac OS Catalina the latest. I have even uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it and the same problem occurs I can't import photos I can't to anything really any one able to help 

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Same comes in my Adobe Photoshop 2020 too. I think that's not a problem at all. You just have to go to file and then you can use New or Open option and get your work done easily.

SunNy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you activate the forcedarkmode in a previous version? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-does-not-function-on-macos-catalina-10-15-1/td-p/...

If not, are you running the latest versions of Photoshop and MacOS? please post the contents of help>system info, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else that couldn't fix it by doing all the options suggested, I was able to fix mine by logging out of creative cloud then opening up photoshop & signing it again & it was corrected

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem. What I did was go into peformances and  make sure the graphic  processor is unchecked. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE16137h-ck/?hl=en   When I  launch  photoshop, the  screen goes black If  checked. For some strange reason If i have it as shown in my screen shot that goes away.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 8.43.11 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0