• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 png format not giving High quality Output

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently update to Photoshop 2020 from 2015. In 2015 version when I used to export file in png format I was getting very high quality file and size I was getting usually 25 to 30 MB of a4 size poster. 

But In 2020 version When I export the same file I am not getting the HQ file and size I am getting only 200-300 kb.

Does anyone getting same problem or Is there any settings in 2020 version which I have to change. 

Looking forward to hear any suggestions

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Could you please let us know how are you exporting the png out of Photoshop?
Also, what operating system are you working on?

Could you try saving the png by going to File > Save As?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Yes I have tried going on File >Save as png. Still getting same results.

[cid:storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20200211_023832_jpg_1581368957326]

My system seems fine to me. Is there something else I am missing ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on 64 bit operating system x64 based processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried Save for Web?Untitled-1.png

If it's not working I suggest to reset your preferences 

PDF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried above ways. Still I am getting same result. I do not know may be I have to switch back to older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A4" has no meaning here. What are the pixel dimensions?

A4 at 300 ppi is 3508 x 2341 pixels. That sould normally produce a PNG of roughly 6.5 MB.

A4 at 72 ppi is 842 x 562 pixels. That sould normally produce a PNG of roughly 500 kB.

How, exactly, do you determine high quality? What's low quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixels are 2480 x 3508 300dpi

The thing is that in 2015 version I was getting 29 MB file. Even when I make any change in the file still I used to get around 29 MB file in png format. Because there were quite few heavy layers in the file. Bigger size of the file not problem for me.

Recently I had to  make some change in that same file. So I opened that file project which I created in 2015 version in 2020 version. 

But here now when I am exporting the file in png format I am getting the file size only 7 mb and it is not as sharp and clean as I was getting in 2015 version. Looks like pixelete.

There must be a some kind of setting which I am missing defo. I will really appreciate if any one can help me out with this. 

Because usually I export my most of files in PNG format and I am not happy what I am getting now and on top of that I have uninstalled my 2015 version. Can not get it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing for me. I installed the new 2020 Photoshop from CS6 and now my PNG's, even with Save for Web seem to be worse quality, especially some lines around the edges of a transparent PNG. I rechecked everything and still when I save files as PNG, they leave weird lines around the edges which basically renders them unusable for my web project. I'm thinking of going back to CS6 until this is sorted, otherwise, as much as I like some of the new features, I can't do away with bad quality PNG's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here! I just moved from CS5 to 2020 and my pngs have taken a turn for the worse. The temporary fix was to save it as a gif; this still creates a hard edge however. But at least it's not white. If this could be solved, that'd be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines