• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 problem with copy paste in the name to export

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action of copy and paste the name of layer for the name of export archive is not possible now?

It's a problem of PS2020 or Mac Catalina or both?

The selection the name of the archive in the exportation include the termination (.jpg for exemple) this is very slowed for my work sistem if I export a lot of layers in many archives. It's possible the configuration of this?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue of not being able to paste into a file name when I'm attempting to export as a jpeg and save for web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same thing that happens to me. 😞

It's a great step back, because if you have to do 200 exports in a row for work, having to write the name each time instead of copying and pasting the name of the layer means a much greater time investment.

Isn't Adobe going to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime I discovered I can right click and select paste and it works, it's just the quick command that isn't working. Still seriously slows down my process but at least it prevents typing errors! I have so many issues with PS 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip - thanks! This has made a huge difference while renaming 300 images 😄

Would be easier if the copy / paste quick keys still work as they have in previous versions... but the work around will do as a good in between step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, thank you! This is such a help. 200+ files renamed this way, a lot better than having to type it. Is Adobe paying attention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip! Thank you!! This is a huge help. 🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i was about to lose my mind on this, at least with this tip i can continue working, but i hope Adobe fix this s**t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix to this. It's April and I'm still having this issue! Is anyone from Adobe listening??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredible that Adobe don't say nothing. I think this is a very bad mistake. I feel Adobe Customer Support is not good because one answer is the basic by the education with a client since Photoshop 6.

Thanks for your comment support 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation has been locked. MMmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean somewhere in Layer (menu) / Export As... or on Layers panel (clicking twice name for change)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurs when saving for web (for me at least). You can't paste into filename text field, unless you click with mouse right button and select from menu appearing. Copying/pasting with cmd+c/v is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought I was going crazy about being able to cut the pace I'm dyslexic and I live on cut-and-paste so this is a mess of time wasting exercise, anyone with a fix for a solution would be much appreciated certainly do like the idea of being able to right click but I was already doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines