Photoshop 2020 running slow

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Photoshop auto-updated for me this morning (yay!) but as I have been using it throughout the day, it has started to lag. At this point I wasn't even able to make a selection without having to wait 10 minutes (approximately) before it was ready to move on to the next step. Is there a reason it's running so slow?

Topics

Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So support told me to go here and complain, I suggest everyone should as well, hit that "me too" button in the corner

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2020-21-2-app-literally-became-c...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues! It's impossible to use the brush tool and know what you're doing. I thought I was going crazy!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to this thread and tell them what you're are experiencing and hit the "me too" button the top
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2020-21-2-app-literally-became-c...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is unusable at this point—this is totally unacceptable. Adobe's releases are buggier and buggier. I don't understand what the h*** they are doing over there? Do they not test their product? They keep adding things most people probably don't want, and either not fixing, or breaking the core functionality. Back to 2019 and 2018 for now—what a crock for the fortune they must have with all of these CC subscriptions ($1,400/year in this household alone).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, was going to give up too. I just randomly unchecked Use Graphics Processor under Preferences>General>Performance and for the first time no beachball in weeks. No promises or logic to back it up, but worth a click to try. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm willing to try anything at this point and I'm fine being illogical here since I am normally illogical. Here's hoping.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For crying in a bucket.. cc2020 is pure tripe!!! cant adjust curves without a delayed stuttered response on a 4kUSD machine but how effing cool is the remove background feature!!!!!! Im so glad there is no easy way to reinstall cc2018 and actually get some demanding work done. photoshop is for kids these days.  hopefully AI will make my job redundant much sooner than originally planned. High on life!! only positive thoughts! have a great day!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each update makes the app more and more unusable. The text tool is an absolute joke at this point - something so simple as a text tool should not be so laggy. Also forget adding any guides to a document - it jerks around so much its absurd. I am so fed up with every update making the app worse and worse just to do simple things. And no - my PC is not that old. Adobe have added so much bloat to the app now that it just runs like a snail no matter what you do. Do they not even test their software anymore. It is so ridiculous.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines