• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 running slow

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

con il nuovo Ps2020 ho problemi di velocità quando uso lo strumento trasforma. E' un problema comune?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh, my photoshop started just now acting all slow. Opening ANY picture (even tried 128x128 jpeg) takes FOREVER. And after that insanely laggy. First I tought i had burnt my RAM but nope. Everything else runs great, even reset all my OC's with mostly negative impact.

Got the newest version, it says it barely uses CPU/GPU/RAM but stutters like crazy. This is not what I am paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here I am, a youg photographer who bought and have been using Adobe Photo package (Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom CC etc.). I have been relying on Lightroom and now decided it is time to start becoming more familiar with Photoshop.  

The entire package is a nightmare.  My first gallery display in August 2021 was almost delayed as the platforms dragged on and on consuming hours and DAYS in what should have been completed in little time.  

Clients' orders are sometimes a day late courtesy of this incapable platform.

Often times, panoramas come out a total mess.  It is not a full year using Adobe and its rubbish softwares but I am already getting ready to go hunting for something which will help to build my reputation and not tarnish my name while driving me up the wall.  To date, I can say without a doubt that this was and is a poor investment.  I am disappointed in Adobe and its products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also having this problem, particularly when saving a file. the file size is not very large - in some cases im saving really small JPGs and photoshop just crawls. its painfully slow. the legacy compositing change did nothing to help. Im on a brand new iMac pro and no other apps have problems. just photoshop. so sick of every update somehow making things worse, and your solutions to us are "try this!"---that is your job. dont make your customers do the trial and error for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running into issues like crashing and not loading much more intensly for the past 6 months since the update and the issue is still not resolved?

[Moderator: Links deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has become a complete dog and I spend 90% of my time looking at the spinning wheel simply trying to open files, use any tool, closing a file even once saved even takes up to 20 seconds. This is a major software problem. I'm in the middle of a massive client job trying to work on hundreds of files and the client is furious as I'm missing dealines even though I'm working 24 hours a day. FIX this Adobe. Your quick to suck the money out of our pockets on subscriptions even though I've paid thousands of dollares over the years for multi user site licenses. I hate you Adobe and will be changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. The response time it takes them to patch and optimize is way too slow. But they are quick to wrap us up in creative cloud subscriptions etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know PS2020 has been broken for a solid year now and it's still not fixed.  Adobe needs to realize that there are people who are required by their college/university to pay for this bloated unusable trash, and having it not work is going to screw with my degree. These numbers seem perfectly fine to you?  Photoshop isn't using any system resources at all.  I have 32gb of memoryand it's using less than 800mb and 0% CPU/GPU. 

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of unhappy customers. I am running Win 10 Pro, i7, 32 gb and have been experiencing incredibly long times: 40 sec to open a RAW file in PS 2020 (21.2.2), 24 seconds to do anything in RAW processor--I mean something as simple as "select adjustment brush," then 24 more sec to change set slider, then 24 more sec to see the adjustment in the image. This is of course unusable! Also, as Five_Against_1 has also noted, the actual system resource usage level is extremely low, so there is something going which does not use system resources--it's almost like it takes a 24 sec "rest break" before carrying out any command. What the heck is going on?

In desperation I went back to PS 2019 (20.0.10). It also runs slow, but half as slow as PS 2020: 25 sec to open RAW file and all the other operations mentioned above take about 12 sec each--also unaccepatable.

Howver, I have found a temporary, (almost) satisfactory solution. It involves running PS 2019, opening the RAW file for the ususal 24 seconds, then I do nothing in the RAW processor, but immediately click on Open. Then I merely invoke the Filter/Camera Raw Filter command on the image layer. In this state, the raw processor opens and runs almost normally, that is, there is very little lag--maybe about 1 second lag or less after some sort of brush adjustment is applied. It's a bit annoying, but at least not maddenlingly slow as when trying to use the RAW processor as a "stand alone." 

Adobe folks: There has to be SOME explanation for this strange difference in speed between RAW processor on a layer versus "stand alone." Please explain it to me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, with 20 processors and endless RAM, saving mini png files on the server can take ages. I also tried some older versions the other day, like v 1.7 (yes really) and all are much faster. It seems there is some negative interaction between Windows File Explorer and PS. After Windows Explorer had died and restarted, Photoshop became quite responsiv. This might be some Windows problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremly slooooooooow.
Imac 27 2019. impossible to use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to leave my bump for this thread. I HAD TO update to CC2020 since adobe dropped 2019 support and I had to format my machine. 

CC2020 is just so much slower than 2019. I'm having lags even to select multiple layers. 

Anyone found any fix.? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here i have a VFX perf machine ( threadriper / 128 go ram / 2080 Ti ) and photoshop is unusable. Just using the crop tool is a pure joke . it looks like i am trying photoshop on a legacy x386 CPU. Please Adobe just take our cash , put please don' t try to improve photoshop , at each release you make things worst. ( shortcuts modification , tons of new useless intro menu, bad perf ). So please create an LTS version that YOU WILL NOT try to improve. Or please sell Photoshop CS3 license again. You cannot take my money and keep making the product worst, take my money but don' t Touch the damn tool. I just need a tool that work ! Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the year is 2021 and the latest version of Photoshop 2020 is still USELESS.

Photoshop 2019 works flawless.

WHAT'S GOING ON ADOBE????

Here's my specs:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.4 20200922.r.323 2020/09/22: 8e8e91e8543 x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.1316
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:15, Stepping:1 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 18
Logical processor count: 36
Processor speed: 2295 MHz
Built-in memory: 130949 MB
Free memory: 84005 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 120007 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing on Imac, laste IOS Version. The last updates os Photoshop are very difficult to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Adobe updates software, they getting slower and slower and slower and slower. It is so difficult to work on a small project with them with 32 Gigabyte rams! How many times I have to check my performance, how many times I have to empty the cache of software, macOS and ... I'm so tired.

Please, someone, help me.

I prefer to have the Photoshop that released 15 years ago than this Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same problems in Photoshop CC, and have been for this entire version. Upgraded my machine hoping to fix some of these lagging issues, but hasn't seemed to improve performance. I've done a bunch of troubleshooting, forums, etc. So many people having these issues and nothing seems to have been fixed in a long time. 

Issues include: 

Really bad lag when using transform tool
Really bad lag when using most sliders especially on adjustment layers

Graphics glitch when scrubby zoom

Lag while painting fast 

I'm doing a range of painting/drawing work and this issue happens even on really low res, low amount of layers documents. 

Here are PC specs: 

kerrilyne49664018_0-1614124369322.png

Would be great to hear about fixes coming but I'm just considering other software alternatives because the updates from Adobe are taking forever even though there is a big cost on the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same problems in Photoshop CC, and have been for this entire version. Upgraded my machine hoping to fix some of these lagging issues, but hasn't seemed to improve performance. I've done a bunch of troubleshooting, forums, etc. So many people having these issues and nothing seems to have been fixed in a long time. 

Issues include: 

Lag while painting fast 

I'm doing a range of painting/drawing work and this issue happens even on really low res, low amount of layers documents. 

Here are PC specs: 

Would be great to hear about fixes coming but I'm just considering other software alternatives because the updates from Adobe are taking forever even though there is a big cost on the subscription. 

By @nathan080808

Issues include: 

Lag while painting fast 

Here are PC specs: 

By @nathan080808

Have you tried this under procedure?

"Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?"

This procedure worked for me, was a reply from Akash Sharma, Adobe Employer in other Post almost with the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick, 

Oh yes I get what you mean. It does fix a couple of issues, mainly the lag with adjustment sliders. But then this disables all the features and enchancements of using the Graphics Processor. Keep in mind I've got a 3070 which is a brand new GPU and if anything should be increasing the performance not decreasing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so disheartening to come to a thread like this and see so many people struggle with the same problem for years.

Still happening for me. Photoshop was running great. Reinstalled my OS (Windows 10). Everything else works fine, but Photoshop is DYING. I hit save and then go on my phone while it finishes up. So frustrating while working on professional work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same performance issues that others have described. What worked for me was to DISABLE "Grid" in View > Show: Grid (Uncheck). Afterward, close the Adobe Photoshop application and load up your PSD/image file and hopefully, you won't notice any more performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines