Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Save For Web for JPEG Format error

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP

Ever since I updated my computer and the Photoshop App, I've been having issues with the Save for web export for jpeg format. There is a video on youtube that looks like it helps a lot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkkxoMuFwUg&t=30s but i dont know if I should do it because i dont know if it will delete any files on my computer. 

Oh an when i can use it, I have to exit out of photoshop and go back into it 

Before I updated my computer everything was working fine. 

Im also on Windows 10

PLEASE HELP 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web has been deprecated in recent versions of Photoshop and has been replaced by Save As -- try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Save For Web is no longer available? The Save As works perfectly fine for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for web should work and works without a problem, many of its options have been included in a simplified new command Save As.

windows 10 is the generic OS but the version and build (numerical version and date) are important. You can check it at Setting>System>About

Not sure if that adjustment in the Windows Registry is requiered or needed in your windows version installation and your PC. It does not harm anything, or deletes any file. Registry is a key Windows OS block, Knowledege and care are required. Proceed if needed with no applications running, save and restart the system.

Could you please detail those "issues" yu are having when trying to use the Save for web with jpgs (rgb or cmyk), and if Save As does work or shows the very same problems. You can also try Quick export (adjust export options first). Please report any issues using those alternatives. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deprecated means "still there and probably working but not encouraged -you are encouraged to migrate away because it may go away in future"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines