• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 slow performance on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my photoshop and it looks very slow and heavy for the System. 
had someone found and solved this kind of problem.

The same happened for illustrator.

I work with a macbook pro

macOS Mojave

2,9Ghz core I7 

16 gb ram lpddr3

Radeon pro 560 

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Thanks to everyone. 

.r.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Hi there,

That does not sound good, as Photoshop is performaing slow, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

You may also try optimizing the performance of Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have more than enough machine to handle Photoshop. What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, as Photoshop is performaing slow, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

You may also try optimizing the performance of Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Photoshop CC20 and Bridge 20 are ridiculously slow (taking 15-20 seconds just to rename a file!) on my mac pro which has 48gb Ram, I've just gone back to CC19 on PS and Bridge and everything is fine. There clearly is a problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posted a thread about this very same thing! Upgraded the workstation to a 24 core, 64gb of ram, ssd drives and 11gb of vram and photoshop literally stutters. There's something going on with the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,
I had exactly the same problem and your tip solved it in 5 seconds !!

What was wrong with this update ?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Cyril.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also the same problem. It is HUGE difference on Mojave. And "Legacy compositing" is not the solution.
Time lapse video from 793 jpeg images at ~1,7 mb each

Mac Pro (Late 2013) on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 , 3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

It takes about 3 minutes 40 seconds

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) on BootCamp Windows 10, 2 x 3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Radeon VII 16 GB

It takes also about 3 minutes 40 seconds

On same machine on Mac side on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 ,  it takes A WHOPPING OVER 9 minutes 25 seconds

With "Legacy compositing" it takes about 8 minutes 50 seconds.

This is UNACCEPTABLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines