• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop 2020 SLOW!

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somthing is badly wrong with Photoshop 2020. Its so slow its absolutely impossible to work with. Simple tasks in small files almost freezes the program after a few minutes of work. Had to install older version to continue. Any other solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here with the 21.01 update with or without gpu excelleration, never had this experience with photoshop before. Reverting to 20.07 on my win10 system, works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you have tagged "Mac". On Windows 10 21.0.1 runs quickly. Hope they sort out the Mac issues soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here on windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All adobe applications of 2020 suite are too slow.

What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same. I have never had issues with Photoshop before. 
I am checking Adobe daily for an update and/or solution. 

Adobe, please move quickly with a resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It took 8 minutes to do something as simple as switch to the Text tool. It's unusable this way. The 2019 version had its slow moments, but this is impossible to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on an Alienware... yikes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samw happened to me. I unistalled it and reinstalled and it is a bit better but not perfect.

I am contacting teck support !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just build a new PC and got a new PS abd LR CC 2020 version and looking for discussion why PS is running slow.

Ryzen 7 3800x + Nvidia 1660ti + MOBO Gigabyte 570x + 16x2 RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! This is really annoying... 3 layers on 300 dpi with 40 cm and my photoshop is running like a turtle! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Yes Photoshop is becomming more laggy year by year. It must not slow down on most used commands for most people. Try to rebuild a newer version of this App with another team. Focus on performance and stability more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same performance issues that others have described. What worked for me was to DISABLE "Grid" in View > Show: Grid (Uncheck). Afterward, close the Adobe Photoshop application and load up your PSD/image file and hopefully, you won't notice any more performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines