Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 suddenly stopped recognizing pen pressure

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I've searched high and low for a solution to my problem but have yet to find a fix. Here's some background info:

I use an up-to-date version of Photoshop 2020, Windows 10, Windows Ink, and a Huion NEW 1060PLUS(8192) graphics tablet with up-to-date drivers and firmware. 

The driver recognizes pen pressure just fine. Photoshop recognizes the pen - I'm able to use a brush and other tools, but it won't respond to pressure. When I go into my brush settings --> shape dynamics and under control select "pen pressure" I get an error/danger symbol (exclamation mark inside of a triangle). 

So far I've tried:

-Uninstalling and re-installing the tablet driver

-Restarting my computer

-Updating Photoshop (the problem began just prior to the most recent update)

-Checking for: full pen charge (pen is re-chargable wireless); "use windows ink" is enabled with the driver; "use graphics processor" is enabled in Photoshop

-Plugging the tablet in a different USB slot

-Removing & putting back in the pen nib (I would be surprised if it needed to be replaced already as I have been using it on occasion for less than a month)

Thank you for your help! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same exact problem, and I did those same exact steps... Nothing worked.

What's so frustrating is that the pressure on my other free drawing software is flawless.

So why no one from Adobe has replied to this thread yet!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I fixed the problem.

So basically Photoshop 21.2.2 is crap.  Please revert to the older version Photoshop 21.2.1

Also, remember after reinstalling the older version you need to disable the Windows Ink again and go to this folder on your PC C:\Users\[replace this with your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

create a text document and rename it to PSUserConfig.txt

then copy-paste this inside,

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

Hope it solves your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines