• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Transform help

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some trouble with transforming in Photoshop 2020. I recently built a pc (ryzen 7 3700x with a Radeon W5500-pro gpu, not sure if any of that matters) and have always been on mac. I have gone through my mac and made sure all the settings and preferences are the same but I think I'm missing something. I'll provide a hypothetical situation to help understand whats going on because I'm not too good with words.

Situation: I have a 10in x 10in photoshop file open. I want to place a 3in x 3in square, centered, at X: 4in, Y: 4in. When I put "4in" as the X and Y value in the properties tab and hit enter, the top left corner of the square will be at X: 4in, Y: 4in, rather than the square being centered at X: 4in, Y: 4in. How can I change this?

I have asked a few people on reddit about this same thing and everything they told me didn't work (told me to turn on "Use Legacy Free Transform" and to make sure the transform reference square with the 9 points has the center point highlighted, I did both of those). I'm hoping that someone here knows what I'm talking about and possibly has a way to help fix it. I have begun to accept the fact that this may just be how photoshop is now, but I wanted to give it one last shot.

Thank you!

(I can attach pictures if need be)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first paragraph is confusing. Are you haveing this issue on the PC or the Mac? Or both?

Please list the actual version numbers of your OS software and Photoshop.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sorry about that, I'm using my pc with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and Photoshop CC 2020. I do use it on both my mac and pc, but I'm currently have problems on just my pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A picture may help and  value in Pixel would help. Photoshop is a pixels editor.   A  10"x10" 300ppi is 3000px by 3000px image is 9,000,000 that  is  9MP  where  A 10" x 10" at 72ppi  is 720px by 720px  that is only  518,400pixels that is  1/2 MP one 10" image is 17 times bigger that the other 10" image.  Do both of your image have the same resolution.  How do they stack up pixel wise.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines