Photoshop 2020 unknown error when using 'Export as...' on Windows

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop version 21.1.2 on my PC. sometimes when I use the "export as" function to export photos, an error window will appear (see screenshot). When I switch to another file and then switch back, I can export normally. This problem has been difficult for me. What's the reason?Export_Error.jpg

{Thread title modified by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 unknown error when using 'Export as...' on Windows

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop version 21.1.2 on my PC. sometimes when I use the "export as" function to export photos, an error window will appear (see screenshot). When I switch to another file and then switch back, I can export normally. This problem has been difficult for me. What's the reason?Export_Error.jpg

{Thread title modified by moderator}

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop 2020 on your Windows PC. Would you mind going to the Help menu in Photoshop, then System info and share the information with us here? Do you have the application installed on the system drive of your computer or an alternate drive?

You can try re-installing the application to check if that helps. You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have reset the configuration according to your prompt. I have also reinstalled PS software on the system disk and other disks. Even after replacing the computer, I still encounter the same situation. It's very strange. I can't find the reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you say "after replacing the computer" do you mean you tried installing the application on a different computer?

Are you able to save the file in any format by going to Save As instead of Export As?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0
iPadilla LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another thread from April 2020 that has this same issue with 3 pages of complaints and no Adobe response. We can't save/save as, quick export (saves a blank file)/export as, I can't even flatten image/merge layers to try and get it to save. This needs to be acknowledged and fixed!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0