• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020(v 21.2, 21.2.4): Tool changes to cursor arrow and won´t change back or do any thing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m working with any tool and sudenlly it changes back to cursor arrow and won't do anything else. I can still save my work and restart the program but before long it does that again. I've been working with versions 21.2 to 21.2.4 and they all do the same. Can anyone help me? Can't work like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop 2020(most versions) suddenly change any tool in use to a cursor arrow and does not allow you to change it back,

It seems that the problem is with the Photoshop app preferences that might be corrupt. 

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this did'nt help. I still got the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a graphics tabler to draw in Photoshop? Would you mind sharing some details about your workflow in Photoshop?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yesterday I worke fine, but it done it again. I use a wacom tablet but I've desconected it and it still has the problem. I use the brush tool to make masks and edit pictures mostly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, update to version 22 fixed this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines