Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 warp tool resets when trying re-editing it

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this suppose to be like that normally, but when I make some warp on an image, like add new horizontal and vertical splits, make my adjustments and accept my changes, and then want to re-edit the warp by selecting the object, typing CTRL+T (even before I hit the WARP icon at the top) it all got reset to initial non-warped state effectively loosign all of my previous warps - why???

Is there some special way how to re-edit once applied warp?

And is it destructive or non-destructive like Smart Filters that it can be changed once the document is saved and re-opened later...?

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 warp tool resets when trying re-editing it

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this suppose to be like that normally, but when I make some warp on an image, like add new horizontal and vertical splits, make my adjustments and accept my changes, and then want to re-edit the warp by selecting the object, typing CTRL+T (even before I hit the WARP icon at the top) it all got reset to initial non-warped state effectively loosign all of my previous warps - why???

Is there some special way how to re-edit once applied warp?

And is it destructive or non-destructive like Smart Filters that it can be changed once the document is saved and re-opened later...?

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you using 21.2 in your PS Preference Performance section man sure that Legacy Compositing is not checked and that you GPU is being detected.  Update 21.2 has issues.....

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 21.1, I have Legacy Compositing unchecked and my GPU is detected, still the problem persist, or do I need that 21.2 update for your solution to work (that is: is it specific to 21.2 version only?)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not remember what were the issues in 21.2 you should try resetting all Tools to see if the fixes your problem. If not try resetting your Photoshop Preferences. If still a problem  you should try some of the updates.  There are newer updates there a 21.1.1,   21.1.2, 21.1.3 and 21.2 there are issues in all versions of Photoshop.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I updated to 21.2 (actually I made clean instal to avoid any settings problems whatsoever) and tho it now keeps the previous warping when re-edit with CTRL+T it is the most annoying/terrible experience yet - here are some of the new problems:

• when re-editing although it remembers the last warping its warp points and their handles are reseted thus I cannot undo the previous moves I made in warp cos the shape is bended but the handles are in straight lines
  • when adding my own warp points all their 4 handles are locked into their positions (a cross), that is if I move one it also moves the other 3: what is the meaning and what reason/sense this has????? They should move independently, as now it bulging the other sides - disappointed a lot...
  • this version is unable to detect my graphic card while the previous 21.1 detected it without any problem
  • warp point handles are ghosting/shadowing: when I move them there is their previous instance still visible as a ghost shadow - maybe it has connection to the above point about the GPU?
  • warp points cannot be selected by holding down SHIFT key and making selection with the LMB: when I do that it only selects 2 points and crash Photoshop everytime

This basically rendered my Photoshop useless! :-(((

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines