Photoshop 2020 won't allow me to 'save as'

Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was working on a rather important project and I was ready to save the file like any other time. However, when I went to 'file', scrolled down to 'save as' and clicked it, nothing popped up like it would normally. I have previesly saved a file before on Photoshop 2020 with no issues until yesterday and today. Anyway I can try to fix that? Not being able to save my work is a little frustrating. 

(I use windows 10)

Thank you in advance!

(EDIT: I can't save anything, no matter the file.

EDIT 2: I've also found out I can't open a new file anymore.)

Uninstall it and then reinstall Adobe Photoshop 2020. I'm sure it works.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 won't allow me to 'save as'

Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was working on a rather important project and I was ready to save the file like any other time. However, when I went to 'file', scrolled down to 'save as' and clicked it, nothing popped up like it would normally. I have previesly saved a file before on Photoshop 2020 with no issues until yesterday and today. Anyway I can try to fix that? Not being able to save my work is a little frustrating. 

(I use windows 10)

Thank you in advance!

(EDIT: I can't save anything, no matter the file.

EDIT 2: I've also found out I can't open a new file anymore.)

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 03, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a file corruption, did you do a lot of work on the document without saving it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, that's one thing I should mention. I can't save anything at all, even a fairly small file. Everytime I press 'save as' I get the window's error noise and nothing pops up. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can't even access that, I keep getting a windows error sound. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SunNy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it did. Thank you! 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work despite several attempts. Still experiencing same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine I did restore the IPC that I delete. and it works perfectly fine 
I deleted my IPC because I can Run the Photoshop HAHAHAHA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still isn't working for me. Any other Solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 1
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue and nothing has worked for me either. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 0
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME. Ugh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 0
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been intermittently been having this issue. The easiest workaround (not a true solution) is to make a copy (dupe) of you original file before you begin making changes/adjustments. That way, when you are finished, you can just "Save" and your new work will be included.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0