Highlighted

Photoshop 2020 won't open AE 2019 generated PSD

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open a .PSD in Photoshop, stating "Could not open because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.".
The file was generated in After Effects 2019 last year. It shows up in both Bridge 2020 and AE 2020 and I can work with it there, but PS refuses to open it, which is incredibly frustrating since this is on a job.

I'm on a brand new Windows 10 system I've built myself, everything freshly installed and updated pr this date.

Not much more to say really, is this a bug or some old installer I need?

2020-10-14 16 14 12.png

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2020 won't open AE 2019 generated PSD

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open a .PSD in Photoshop, stating "Could not open because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop.".
The file was generated in After Effects 2019 last year. It shows up in both Bridge 2020 and AE 2020 and I can work with it there, but PS refuses to open it, which is incredibly frustrating since this is on a job.

I'm on a brand new Windows 10 system I've built myself, everything freshly installed and updated pr this date.

Not much more to say really, is this a bug or some old installer I need?

2020-10-14 16 14 12.png

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - no solution - just wanted to post I'm having the same issue. I can understand an older version not able to open a file from a newer version - but not the other way around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0