Photoshop 2021 (22.1.1) crashes when opening file from upload dialog

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On occasion, I will go to, say, upload a photo to Facebook and decide that I want to tweak it first. So, in the web browser upload dialog I will right-click the photo > Open With > Adobe Photoshop 2021. Photoshop will start opening for a moment but then invariably pop up the message "An unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit."

I have to go to the File Explorer and open the photo from there to edit it, which is unecessarily time-consuming. There's no reason Photoshop shouldn't be able to open a photo from the right-click menu in the browser upload dialog. This was never an issue with CS6.

I'm on Windows 10 Version 2004.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "An unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit" while opening file from the Open with> Photoshop 2021 menu in Windows File Explorer.

Would you mind checking the suggestions offered in this discussion https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-an-unrecoverable-problem-has-occurr... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines