Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW Input Delay

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I work with Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0 and shoot with a Canon 5DSR and drones. I edit 50-megapixel and 12-megapixel photographs all the time. I have noticed a delay with my inputs/adjustments when using Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0. It makes the workflow very slow and agonizing. I’ve edited both a 12-megapixel and then a 50-megapixel photograph separate with the same delayed performance.

I have updated my system’s hardware, and I feel no changes in my workflow. I would like to know if it is my system, settings, or am I asking too much from my machine to run smoothly while editing photographs.

Surprising, Light Room is way smoother to work with, but I prefer Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0.

System Specs:

RTX 2070 Super

Intel i7-9700k overclocked 4.50 GHz

Ram 32GB

Community Beginner
Correct answer by klavey | Community Beginner

I think I found the problem!

Acronis True Image

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW Input Delay

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I work with Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0 and shoot with a Canon 5DSR and drones. I edit 50-megapixel and 12-megapixel photographs all the time. I have noticed a delay with my inputs/adjustments when using Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0. It makes the workflow very slow and agonizing. I’ve edited both a 12-megapixel and then a 50-megapixel photograph separate with the same delayed performance.

I have updated my system’s hardware, and I feel no changes in my workflow. I would like to know if it is my system, settings, or am I asking too much from my machine to run smoothly while editing photographs.

Surprising, Light Room is way smoother to work with, but I prefer Photoshop 2021 & Camera RAW 13.0.

System Specs:

RTX 2070 Super

Intel i7-9700k overclocked 4.50 GHz

Ram 32GB

Community Beginner
Correct answer by klavey | Community Beginner

Acronis True Image

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop & Camera Raw. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates and the latest drivers installed on the computer. Also, please install the latest updates for Photoshop (22.0.1) and Camera Raw (13.0.2) to check if it helps.

You can try optimising the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunji,

Thanks for the info which helped photoshop from being more efficacy (does not dropdown below 90%). Camera Raw (13.0.2) is still a problem I still get delays with my inputs/adjustments. The software also slows down to a crawl. all hardware is barely being utilized. I am only editing 5, 12-megapixel photographs.

Performace setting in Raw are limited but are set as GPU: Custom & Camera Raw Cache 20GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found out Camera Raw (13.0.2) works much smoother on my laptop then my desktop which is having problems.

Spec for laptop:

GTX 1060

Intel i5-7300HQ

Ram 8GB

I also have uninstalled and deleted all file for Photoshop (22.0.1) and Camera Raw (13.0.2) on my Desktop computer and reinstalled but no change in performace for Camera Raw (13.0.2).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acronis True Image

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acronis True Image 2021 build 34340 just released solves the problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
klavey LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, I read that somewhere, but I don't really want to purchase Acronis True Image 2021 just to fix the problem when I already have 2019 which does what I need it to do. I know which task is causing the problem now, so I can manage it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0