• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 crashes after using the Style transfer Neural filter on a few images on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,
neural filters are beautiful, but I encounter a problem with Style Transfer ones; in fact, if I select a Style transfer filter, then I select another filter, then another one and so on, after about ten/fifteen filter changes or settings of a filter , an orange triangle appears telling that something has not worked with the filter and in fact I don't manage to go on. I tried to do this by keeping the Windows task manager open and noticed that Photoshop increases the RAM used too much every time I go from one Style Transfer filter to another Style Transfer filter; for example on my pc, I open an image and Photoshop allocates about 3/4 giga, I apply a Style Transfer filter and it rises to 6/7 giga, and every time I change filter Style transfer, this increases until , arrived at 12/13 giga of use, it stops working , and if I close and reopen the Neural Filters, still doesn't work; even If I empty the memory by Photoshop menu, the Style Transfer Filters continue to have problems; I also tried with different settings of the Preferences/Performance but didn't manage to solve the problem ; the only solution is to restart Photoshop and then I can newly do about 10/15 changes with Style Transfer Filters and after them it doesn't work. I don't know why this happens , probably if the ram was released completely every time you switch from one filter to another you could avoid this overload

My System : Windows, Ram 32GB , VideoCard  6GB Nvidia TI

does anyone know anything about it?

thank you

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the Style transfer filter. Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer along with the latest version of Photoshop.

You can try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after checking everything, I actually believe that you have to improve the memory management system for those filters for the reason that I wrote in the original post; I try to re-explain : when you switch from a filter to another there's an increase in used RAM that has got no sense ; has got no sense because if I choose directly one filter , instead of switching from one to another, the used RAM is much less; I made the developer for a while and it seems to me that you are forgiving to empty (wholly or partially) the cache memory in the switching from a filter to another, so every time that you pass from a filter to another there's always an increase of used RAM until the crash, and I cannot think that 32 GB of RAM are not enough for Photoshop

I think so 

good work and thank you for your attention

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem. It seems a memory management problem with photoshop when selecting several style changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines