• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 crashes when I try and resize a file

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden Photoshop, current version with recent update on subscription, crashes when I try try to resize.  I first flatten the image and disgard the unused layers.  Then I go to image>size  I have constrain proportions on and I changee W and H to 1000 pixels, I leave as 300 dpi, I resample using Bicubic Sharpener, it says the new file will be 2.86 M and when I press OK, photoshop just closes, any ideas  there is no error message, just closes and when I open PS back up its like its there as a full PSD filing but nothing more, does not even show as recents???  Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

That reporter pop-up module wasn't appearing after crashes. I looked at the link you sent and followed the steps in the command prompt to adjust the dialog settings though. Last time this was happening (every single time I tried to resize an image), I found a suggestion to increase the memory isage in the performance preferences and did that, and it seemed to work until just recently. I increased the usage to 90% and was able to resize without a crash so I'm guessing that did the trick... The cr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

OMG I found the solution!! Before you resize, go to Preferences, Performance and UNclick the box that says graphics card. It will then NOT CRASH.  I just checked it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're on?

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if that helps? 

Preferences

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening to me and it is so frustrating! I have tried all the fixed given and have sent the reports to photoshop... can someone please help me figure this out. It is slowing down my workload!

thank you!

Stet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 2/2/22:  Same thing here.  I tried the fixes previously reported and that didn't help. This has totally halted my work and business.  I'm using CC 23.1.1 on Windows 11 on an HP Omen 17T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Also using latest CC on windows 11 on an Omen. Crashes for all resizing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using windows HP Envy with latest photoshop and this error keeps happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of photoshop, and this is also happening to me. I can't resize any file because the program chrashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset what in preferences? I read over all preferences settings and don't see what I should reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me too! I searched online and eventually found a way to fix it by adjusting some setting. It's now happening again, so I'll need to hunt that link down again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That reporter pop-up module wasn't appearing after crashes. I looked at the link you sent and followed the steps in the command prompt to adjust the dialog settings though. Last time this was happening (every single time I tried to resize an image), I found a suggestion to increase the memory isage in the performance preferences and did that, and it seemed to work until just recently. I increased the usage to 90% and was able to resize without a crash so I'm guessing that did the trick... The crashing only happens from my work computer, my system at home has better hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my system keeps crashing when I try to recale a file. when I click send the crash report it links me to a "solution" I follow the links in the crash report, but can't seem to fix it. please help. [email removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I found the solution!! Before you resize, go to Preferences, Performance and UNclick the box that says graphics card. It will then NOT CRASH.  I just checked it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thing that worked for me! I had the same issue! I had to turn it off my NVIDIA card processing and then I was able to resize the file. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well! Crazy how disruptive that issue was - now fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the actual solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thing that worked for me as well. I am running windows 11 on a new laptop too. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMGEEEEE!! Thank you! 

That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Solved the problem right away on Win 11 Pro with Adope 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I was stucked in this error in a week. Now i'm relax today  ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! This worked. Will it affect anything else I do in photoshop where I would need that box checked? Perhaps I will only uncheck it when I have to resize and keep it checked for everything else. Thanks again for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a true rock superstar! I've been losing sleep from this issue as I couldn't get any work done and couldn't find an answer. You NAILED it... that UNclicking the box solved it.

Wow... THANK YOU for sharing the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.  Not bad for an old lady. (I am ancient.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to work! Did you figure that out yourself or did photoshop support provide that? It seems to me this ought to be posted in support--It would have saved me many hours of time and abandoned projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines