• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 Crashes when using Shape tool and Brush tool and goes Not Responding

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update to PS 2021, the app seems to be quite unstable. It constantly crashes when using Pen/Shape tool. I have never had this issue before. Also, it lags a lot when using the Brush tool for simple drawings, then freezes and becomes not responding, and then I have to Force Quit the app and start everything over again. It's very annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me too!

and it's unbearable. if you have found a solution please share! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to PS 2020. That was my solution. However, I do have problems with the brush tool again but not that often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing similar problems as the ones you mentioned. Even when doing something so simple as zooming, the app just freezes and don't even allow to save the work that was done. This new version is just a nightmare, and the only solution I found was to uninstall and get back to the previous version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was exactly what I did. Will wait until a better PS21 is released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines