• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 Crashes With Curves

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get it to crash by just adding a curves adjustment and clicking on any of the interactive tools (black/white/grey point eyedropper, or the 'click and drag' icon). PS crashes out. 

If it doe snot crash with the 'click and drag' to set curves vaues, it won't release the control once the mouse button is released. 

I'm using a Mac running Catalina. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply - I turned off Use graphics Processor, and also reset all preferences to default values, restarted Photoshop and tried using a Curves adjustment. It has not crashed, but picking the icon of the hand with the arrows above and below is laggy, and also once the mouse button is released, the tool remains selected.

It did not do this last release. 

I have to choose another tool eg press 'v' to get the icon to switch to something else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.3.0 seems to have some issues – if they prove too annoying to you you may want to roll back the Photoshop version. 

But make sure to back-up your presets first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up - Bridge 2021 is not playing nice either. On startup it would repeatedly crsash too. I'll go back to the last version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advise. I have multiple machines and I aways keep a mchine with a older version of PS just in case of issues with newer versions. Just a fact that bugs happen in new releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea!! CC makes it dead easy to roll back too. I;m using 22.2 and seems to be fine so far....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Turning off the Graphics Processor makes everything incredibly slow and sluggish. but it does seem to fix the problem with the crashing when adding a curves adjustment layer.

macOS Monterey

Photoshop 23.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines