• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 crashing on launch on M1 Macbook pro

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I am using photoshop 2021 on a macbook pro (2020 M1) however I am having major problems with it as it crashes as soon as I open up the program so I cannot even amend the system preferences, it immediately just doesnt respond. It worked fine for a few days but one day it just stopped functioning properly. The laptop is brand new and there is enough memory etc. so I don't think that's the problem. Does anyone have any tips?

I have also tried installing and uninstalling multiple times and it doesnt work and installing an older version isn't an option on creative cloud.

thanks !

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop on your M1 Mac. Would you mind telling us which macOS version are you working on? Did you start experiencing the issue after an update for Photoshop or for macOS?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

You can also check out the steps mentioned below to check if they help.

1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines