• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop crashes and freezes

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever I try, which ever update I try, the latest PS will only start up with a beach ball and that ever since version 22.x

On a MBA 2020 Big Sur 11.4 I7 16GB

What I tried:

- deleted preferences

- uninstalled and reinstalled

- reverted to version 21.X well that worked but updating results in the same crash.

What to do next?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the crash issue. Take a look at the following troubleshooting article and try the first 6 simple steps that can help you resolve most of the crash and freeze issues with Photoshop:  Troubleshoot crash or freeze | Photoshop

If that doesn't help then, take a look at the other troubleshooting tips section.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

I have students who are running into the same problems.

Does anyone know where I can find this script to run on a Windows PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 332 Replies 332
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, how do you get into Photoshop preferences if you csnt open it? Adobe got on my machine today and nade such a mess i had to spend 9 hours restoring my machine from back up as they move some files etc., and then my machine wouldn't start up. I would not let them anywhere my machine again. 12 hours and PS still won't launch. I inly called them because I could save Jpegs anymore. From that they made it impossible to open PS and then crashed my machine - I could only launch in recovery and then restored it pre ghem getting their hands in it. Problem is PS still wont launch. Im a desperate novice! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the issue, i ll do the thing with accessibility and stuff...work but for a few minutes anfter that frash and crash and crash and freeze and reboot and all that...am really tired of this already without answers!!! please fix this, we pay for this properly service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to turn off using the graphic processor. It still crashes.

This issue is tied to creative cloud knocking itself offline. When it
crashes then PS and LR crash. It's not limited to just PS.

I tried it as a last ditch effort as I already am familiar with PS. But
I'll continue using and learning affinity.

Adobe....its understandable that issues will arise. But your silence is
very unprofessional and really shines a light on your lack of
customer service.

At least address the damn issue many of us are having! LAME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have run through these steps, but am still have frequent crashes.  I even went through uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  That helped for a bit, but the frequent crashes have returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helll i just got a service with you i have a macbook pro with catalina last update, when i try to open photoshop 2021, doenst open..

Regards i am paying too much to dont get the service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not help with Photoshop 22.3.1 crashing on Catalina 10.15.7 on startup every single time. It's basically useless. I have done days of troubleshooting with the privacy/accessibility, full-disk access (as per above) checked all my fonts, reset preferences, nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the recommended steps did nothing. Photoshop still crashes instantaneously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any progress? I have done all the same things and have the same issue as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything you suggest in SysPrefs, but it still crashes even after I have restarted several times. I can't address/adjust the PSD prefs IF I CAN'T OPEN THE PROGRAM. (sorry for the all caps there). Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion doesn't help. My PSCC 2021 already had the check mark in the Accessibility  tab in Privacy in System Prefs. This is not the source of the problem, at least not the problem I am experiencing, with PSCC crashing instantly on launch with system errors, all of which have been reported to Adobe with almost every crash. As mentioned elsewhere in my posts. I can get PSCC to work only if I launch it immediately after booting my iMacPro. Then I can send a raw file to PSCC using the "edit in" command. Often I can do some work in PSCC, but sometimes, it will crash when I try to save the tif file. So buggy, please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it looks like my photoshop had an update to 22.01 and now the problem with photoshop is freezing again?  Usually when using the brush tool for dodging and burnig, but is also did it when I was using Spot healing.  I'm far from a tech or compter guy, I just want Photoshop to work without crashing!! It has come to the point of driving me crazy. I just did the Mac upgrade to Big Sur and haven't tried photoshop again as yet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and its really frustrating. I cannot work at all. Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here for the lajst 4 days all of a sudden. I've tried all the suggestions, This is ridiculous!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem ... crashes in while "spot healing" ... in my case in Camera RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Camera RAW and Lightroom and Photoshop is crashing and making the Imac restart this is really annoying, 

Can someone advise steps to resolve issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 crashes for me when creating a new document.  I've tried all of these fixes.

Adobe: why am I paying a monthly fee for software that is completely unusable?  Are you going to pro-rate my account for the multiple days of lost productivity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe silence on this is so disrespectful. I've the same problem and for the last week I could barely do any work, it got to the point where photoshop just keep on crashing and I had to restart and redo all my work because of my deadlines. Good thing to realize Adobe doesn't care at all to it's customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, ok aqui les va lo que yo encontre.........ya desinstale PS 22.01, instale 21.2.4 y sigue el mismo problema.

Lo que estoy viendo es.... cuando instalas cualquier version de PS o LR el Camera RAW que se instala automaticamente es el 13.1 y ahi esta el problema cuando abrimos un archivo en Camera RAW ya no funciona nada, el problema esta en Camera RAW........

Alguien sabe como regresarte a una version anterior del Camera RAW???

Adobe deberia de rembolsar este mes a todos sus suscriptores......

English......

Hello, ok here is what I found ......... I already uninstalled PS 22.01, install 21.2.4 and the same problem continues. What I'm seeing is .... when you install any version of PS or LR, the Camera RAW that is automatically installed is 13.1 and there is the problem when we open a file in Camera RAW nothing works anymore, the problem is in Camera RAW ........Does anyone know how to revert to an older version of Camera RAW ??? Adobe should reimburse all its subscribers this month ......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the following with Photoshop 22.1 on Macbook Pro with OS Big Sur: Select Photoshop Preferences, Performance, Graphic Processer Settings and deselect Use Graphic Processor. Then go to Preferences, File handling, Click on Camera Raw Preferences, Performance, and turn Use graphics processor to OFF. Photoshop has not crashed in 5 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has just crashed on me four times, just a few actions into a project. My agency pays good money EVERY MONTH for these platforms. This is causing us downtime, and we are likely to miss a deadline. I'd like a credit on my account because I now have to damage control with my client. Stand by your products and your service, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI to all following this thread. I uninstalled Photoshop 2021 and reinstalled it. That seems to have helped with the crashing problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Photoshop 2021 since updating my 2020 iMac to Big Sur. It crashed a fair bit on Catalina but seems much worse on Big Sur. Completely unstable. Photoshop itself doesn't appear to crash necessarily, but it's only when Photoshop is open that it causes my machine to shut down and restart unexpectedly. Can achieve very little work at the moment.

Adobe needs to fix this immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on since November. Numerous complaints here on the
forums. No repsonse from Adobe. Which is unacceptable. I'm not renewing
with them. I did some research on Affinity Photo. It's a legitimate
alternative. Made the move. I'm don't with Adobe's crap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, updated to Big Sur and Photoshop 2021 keeps crashing in Camera Raw. Uninstalled and reinstall with no success. Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Since I updated to Big Sur when I try to open a file sent to me it will read the file open up for about 10 seconds and crash.  I went thru made sure it wasn't a font that was causing the issue and that wasn't.   Deleted my font cache using Terminal command suggested by Adobe now my fonts are missing from font book.   I uninstalled and reinstalled PS and still doing the same thing.   My business is suffering and I can't get an answer anywhere.  Can someone please point me anywhere for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines