Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 crashing on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really need some help!

I have a brand new Macbook Pro - well, I bought it mid year.

I have Photoshop 21 and all Apple updates are current.

Everytime I used a brush, the computer revs up and I get the coloured circle - and it freezes. It has now started doing it with the Spot healing brush too! What am i doing wrong, or is this a problem with photoshop and Apple?  I can't get a damn thing finished!

Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

Once you have added Photoshop to the list, you can also try to optimize the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 crashing on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really need some help!

I have a brand new Macbook Pro - well, I bought it mid year.

I have Photoshop 21 and all Apple updates are current.

Everytime I used a brush, the computer revs up and I get the coloured circle - and it freezes. It has now started doing it with the Spot healing brush too! What am i doing wrong, or is this a problem with photoshop and Apple?  I can't get a damn thing finished!

Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 2021. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left and check if you see Photoshop added to the list with a check mark in front of it. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon and navigating to the Applications folder. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility. Once done, restart the Mac and check if it helps.

Once you have added Photoshop to the list, you can also try to optimize the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou!! Followed your instructions and everything is working beautifully - Thank-you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear you succeded. Was there any particular step you recognized as the key to fixing the problem? I've done a 100 things and nothing works. Still freezing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back, I think there was another update and now it freezes again. It's been happening with the brush tools.  I'm really at the end of my patience with this!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it looks like my photoshop had an update to 22.01 and now the problem with photoshop is freezing again?  Usually when using the brush tool for dodging and burnig, but is also did it when I was using Spot healing.  I'm far from a tech or compter guy, I just want Photoshop to work without crashing!! It has come to the point of driving me crazy. I just did the Mac upgrade to Big Sur and haven't tried photoshop again as yet.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0