• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 displays the file all black on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a problem with my Zenbookpro duo with card NVIDIA RTX 2060 photoshop appears all black, this doesnt happen with Illustrator. Ive tried lots of stuff but cant fix it.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us if this happens with all the files/images you open in Photoshop or just the one you have shared the screenshots of? If this happens with all the files/images, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If it helps, you can check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

You can also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/3dFRlyi

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely it's a defective monitor profile. If you don't have a calibrator, which is the proper way to deal with this, replace your current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for now. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile.

Relaunch Photoshop when done, it loads the profile at application startup:

Displayprofile_50_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was having this issue, and your advice helped. My concern is, will this affect the performance of my graphics card/monitor due to the fact that, as you said, "it's not entirely accurate"? How would I go about getting the correct monitor profile for my laptop (I have the Asus zenbook pro duo as well). Thank you for any direction you can provide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The job of the monitor profile is to be an accurate description (or map, if you will) of the display's actual response. Photoshop uses that map to represent the file accurately on screen. That's the color managed display pipeline.

The only way to do that is to measure the display, and this is what a calibrator does. A generic profile may be reasonably close, but it can't be entirely accurate.

See this post (from another thread) that I wrote just earlier today:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/updated-photoshop-now-my-whites-are-yellow/m-p/12011938#M53... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Well it looks like I updated all of the drivers and followed the thread and everything looks ok now, thanks guys !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines