• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 doesn't detect my GPU

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got the Photography bundle of Creative Cloud which includes Lightroom + Photoshop and I have been struggling for 3 days now, having sleepless nights if I may even, because the Photoshop which is my main driver in my line of work as a graphic artist isn't detecting my Asus 5700XT Reference card.

I used to own a bad copy of 2019 and found out that I bought it from an external sale website and bought 2021 from Adobe right away and got the cheapest bundle that included what I needed - Photoshop (When one of my colleagues let me know about it),

But then its been 3 days and I have been struggling and furious to make my PS 2021 work.

Things I tried:
1. Uninstall reinstall

2. Install each older version 1 by 1, nothing works, it would detect my GPU at first then afterwards, it wont (It will be greyed out, can't even check "Use Graphics Processor" option

3. Tweak the registry to detect GPU (AllowOLDGPU from Google)

4. I tried adding it to my Radeon Adrenaline software as a game to no avail

5. Uninstalling and reinstalling my GPU drivers

Then I found an article online that states, PS 2021 doesn't recognize 5700XT for now as it is a fairly new card and I'm like what the hell? I need PS in my line of work, and I don't want to opt out to use the illegal version of Photoshop again as I am afraid of security concerns.

I cannot use Photoshop without my GPU integrated as its slow as heck, no scrubby zoom, constant lagging, etc. Its just not an option for me and I didn't buy this to use the minimum features either.

Can someone help me?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works now thanks to a previous version I installed that is the 22.1 but not with the latest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem;  Nvidia GTX 1650 4Gb Vram

I updated Nvidia Driver WHQL DRIVER Studio 462.31, photoshop preferences deleted, at first Photoshop restart it's all ok, but from the following start, the graphic processor is missing again...
I got last release of Photoshop 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys, 

same problem here!!

i7 8700
16gb ram

nVidia QUADRO P620

SSD 240 gb ps/so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. Same problem here with Photoshop 2021 and a 5700XT. Was working fine previously, now showing as unknown GPU. I've re-installed PS 2020 and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my post, you might wanna check again. After re-installation, it will appear again, try closing it and booting it again and you'll see "UNKNOWN GPU" again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, if I close photoshop and open it again I no longer recognize the gpu. (sick)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still having the unknow Gpu so I keep a previous version for now and I will wait for the next update to see if it will be fixed or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got back this morning to the 22.1.0 and now by magic it doesn't detect my GPU... it's very very annoying... I have to put another previous version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bizarre how it's 2021 and this is still an issue lol. The 2019 version I used before worked flawlessly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the 22.0.0... it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close it then try booting it up again. It works the first open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it yet few times but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certainly not alone.  I'm having the same issue with Photoshop not detecting my Nvidia Quadro 5000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines