Photoshop 2021 exhausting hard drive on macbook pro

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am unable to do anything with Photoshop 2021. My hard disk keeps filling up the moment I open Photoshop and start doing anything. My 59 GB space just disappears. Then I have to force quit and relaunch Photoshop, the space comes back and again the same issue. This is very frustrating. I am quickly turning from loving to really dislike Photoshop as I cannot make any progress with my term project. Please please help me! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 exhausting hard drive on macbook pro

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am unable to do anything with Photoshop 2021. My hard disk keeps filling up the moment I open Photoshop and start doing anything. My 59 GB space just disappears. Then I have to force quit and relaunch Photoshop, the space comes back and again the same issue. This is very frustrating. I am quickly turning from loving to really dislike Photoshop as I cannot make any progress with my term project. Please please help me! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What disk are you currently using for Swap space?

It's always been recommended that you do not utilize the same drive as your main HD as the swap disk.

There have been other reports as well but it ultimately comes down to Swap drive space.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-seems-to-have-a-major-memory-issue-with-the-new-2... 

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0