• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 freezes immediately on opening and will not respond

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the trial version of Photoshop 2021, and it continuously freezes immediately upon opening. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as restarting my computer. I upgraded my Mac to Big Sur yesterday as well, so maybe there's a compatability issue there? I really need the program to work for tomorrow - any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing at launch, could you please let us know the operating system you're working with?

Also, please try updating Photoshop to version 22.4.1 through the Creative Cloud app and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on macOS Catalina. As soon as I open, the application stalls on a blank black page and I get a spinning pinwheel that does not end. I have to force quit PhotoShop (not responding) everytime, and right after I hit force quit, the app breifly flashes the normal menu as if it just loaded, and then quits. I tried thedigitaldog's solution of deleting photoshop preferences settings file, but that did not help. Am now going to install macOS Big Sur but looking through other people posts I do not think this will solve the issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try logging into another account; still crashing? 
If you boot into the original account in Safe Mode (hold down S key while reboot), crash?

Might try running a free utility like Onyx; still crashing?

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe....you have completely dropped the ball. This is nuts. I've been without photoshop for months now.....leader in the industry.....I think not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kearner94 wrote:

Adobe....you have completely dropped the ball. This is nuts. I've been without photoshop for months now.....leader in the industry.....I think not. 

So your 'solution' to the OP is what?

Do you realize you're directing your post to users and not Adobe? This is a user to user support forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey a quick fix that just worked for me...

I uninstalled Photoshop 2021 (version 22.4.1). Then from the Adobe Creative Cloud app, reinstalled photoshop but with the 2020 version, 21.2.8 was the one I chose. It seems to be working fine so far. Will probably just use this until these guys figure out the bugs on 2021. 

Hope you can get it working for the time being,

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get 22.3.1 working after trying 22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines