Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 has broken touch interface on Surface Studio 1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I typically wait a bit before updating Adobe apps to let them iron out the problems. I was using a previous version of Photoshop for months with no issues at all on my Surface Studio 1 and loved using it. I'd get an occasional hiccup but nothing major. Well last week I suddenly got a message saying something about it no longer supporting the screen drivers for this screen or something to that effect (I should have taken a screenshot) and it pretty much went to hell after that.

I figured that was Adobe's way to let me know I have to update so I went ahead and updated to PS 2021 and it has been nothing but trouble. Touch input responds maybe 10% of the time. This is completely unacceptable as I use one hand to zoom, scroll and rotate by touch while using the stylus in my other hand and now I can no longer do this. Half the time it registers touch as a pen input.

I would love to know that there's some setting that needs to be changed to fix this but I'm worried I am at the whim of Adobe to fix this. I invested a lot of money in this machine mainly for it's touch and stylus capabilities and have absolutely loved the combination of the hardware with Adobe's software but if this is how things are going to be left it will nullify that rather large investment I made a couple of years ago. Help please!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 has broken touch interface on Surface Studio 1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I typically wait a bit before updating Adobe apps to let them iron out the problems. I was using a previous version of Photoshop for months with no issues at all on my Surface Studio 1 and loved using it. I'd get an occasional hiccup but nothing major. Well last week I suddenly got a message saying something about it no longer supporting the screen drivers for this screen or something to that effect (I should have taken a screenshot) and it pretty much went to hell after that.

I figured that was Adobe's way to let me know I have to update so I went ahead and updated to PS 2021 and it has been nothing but trouble. Touch input responds maybe 10% of the time. This is completely unacceptable as I use one hand to zoom, scroll and rotate by touch while using the stylus in my other hand and now I can no longer do this. Half the time it registers touch as a pen input.

I would love to know that there's some setting that needs to be changed to fix this but I'm worried I am at the whim of Adobe to fix this. I invested a lot of money in this machine mainly for it's touch and stylus capabilities and have absolutely loved the combination of the hardware with Adobe's software but if this is how things are going to be left it will nullify that rather large investment I made a couple of years ago. Help please!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0

Have something to add?