Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 has caused plenty of headaches for people, thus I have a billing question?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm one of the many Photoshop 2021 users who apparently doesn't have the latest and greatest of graphics cards and has been getting an error message preventing me from using Photoshop at all.  It usually freezes up after attempting to open a file.  Closing it also presents a problem as it won't close by traditional methods.  This has been happening for almost two days and it's created havoc on my ability to complete time sensitive work.  Chatting with customer support has also been virtually impossible. I have sat with the support window open for nearly two hours and no one ever shows up. 

After some research on the message boards, the Adobe engineers are working on the issue but still no apparent fix or update.  I've never quite seen a problem of this magnitude occur.  Being a long time fan of Adobe, it's a little disappointing to see.   Still, I can't begin to imagine the internal struggles the Adobe crew must be facing.  I'm just now attempting to implement some of the simple fixes that have been suggested on the other conversations related to this topic.

Since several of us have been adversely affected and the issue has caused us to be unable to utilize the program will we be eligible for a fee credit?  Many likely pay the monthly subscription fee and probably only use two or three of the applications in Creative Cloud.  Not being able to use Photoshop on any given work day HURTS!! I'm guessing that's the case for a lot of people out there. 

Anyway, I hope you guys get the issue with PS 2021 resolved soon!  You don't realize how much you miss it until it's gone!

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 has caused plenty of headaches for people, thus I have a billing question?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm one of the many Photoshop 2021 users who apparently doesn't have the latest and greatest of graphics cards and has been getting an error message preventing me from using Photoshop at all.  It usually freezes up after attempting to open a file.  Closing it also presents a problem as it won't close by traditional methods.  This has been happening for almost two days and it's created havoc on my ability to complete time sensitive work.  Chatting with customer support has also been virtually impossible. I have sat with the support window open for nearly two hours and no one ever shows up. 

After some research on the message boards, the Adobe engineers are working on the issue but still no apparent fix or update.  I've never quite seen a problem of this magnitude occur.  Being a long time fan of Adobe, it's a little disappointing to see.   Still, I can't begin to imagine the internal struggles the Adobe crew must be facing.  I'm just now attempting to implement some of the simple fixes that have been suggested on the other conversations related to this topic.

Since several of us have been adversely affected and the issue has caused us to be unable to utilize the program will we be eligible for a fee credit?  Many likely pay the monthly subscription fee and probably only use two or three of the applications in Creative Cloud.  Not being able to use Photoshop on any given work day HURTS!! I'm guessing that's the case for a lot of people out there. 

Anyway, I hope you guys get the issue with PS 2021 resolved soon!  You don't realize how much you miss it until it's gone!

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why 

(a) the old version 2020 is still available

(b) the option is there to keep the old version when updating, so you don't waste a second more than needed

(c) the smart money is waiting a month or so before going to a new version

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free credits?  Ha, ha, ha, ha... 

• Revert to your previous version.  I'm still using 2019 (ver 20) and it's stable on my aging Win10 workstation.  I also kept 2017 just in case.
  • Be an informed computer user.  To avoid unwanted surprises, read the system requirements BEFORE you upgrade.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not broke do not fix it! I have 1 computer that always stays with a photoshop version that has no errors. I have another newer computer that tests out newer versions. ALWAYS keep a computer that has a version with no bugs.  I even have older computers with version 5 and 6 with no bugs. If you are making a living with PS, always have a backup solution!!!!!!  I am very sorry that versions get released before all bugs are worked out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are bugs in every Photoshop  Adobe does not care to fix some reported bugs if the are in areas that most users will not be effected.   You can only count on Adobe fixing major bugs and bugs most  users will run into.  As long as Photoshop runs reliable and most functions work like there documented you should be able to work around the bugs Adobe does not care to fix. Keep reliable versions installed. All new releases of Photoshop have had issues starting with CS4  the release in which Adobe added GPU support.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0