Photoshop 2021 having flashing problem

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop 2021.0.1  Running Mac Catalina 10.5.7  I have a 27' Imac. 3.8GHz Quad-Core intel Corei5, (2017) with 64 gb of ram, Radeon Pro 580 8GB Graphics card.  When I'm working and leave photoshop running in the background, while I check my email, or go back to bridge, or whatever, the last photo I was working on flashes black very quickly. Sometimes, just sections of the photo turns black. When I click on it, it comes back. I should have plenty of power to run photoshop! My laptop, which is a little older, is not have this problem!   I tried unclicking UseGraphics Processor in my PS preferences, but that didn't help. 

Anyone else having that problem?  Should I just try uninstalling and try again. It makes me worried that it's the graphics card on my computer, but it doesn't do it with any other software, only photoshop! I'd been tempted to go back to 2020, but I'm a real estate photographer, and I love the Sky Replacement. I've always done it with layers and blend modes, but this is quicker!

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 having flashing problem

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Photoshop 2021.0.1  Running Mac Catalina 10.5.7  I have a 27' Imac. 3.8GHz Quad-Core intel Corei5, (2017) with 64 gb of ram, Radeon Pro 580 8GB Graphics card.  When I'm working and leave photoshop running in the background, while I check my email, or go back to bridge, or whatever, the last photo I was working on flashes black very quickly. Sometimes, just sections of the photo turns black. When I click on it, it comes back. I should have plenty of power to run photoshop! My laptop, which is a little older, is not have this problem!   I tried unclicking UseGraphics Processor in my PS preferences, but that didn't help. 

Anyone else having that problem?  Should I just try uninstalling and try again. It makes me worried that it's the graphics card on my computer, but it doesn't do it with any other software, only photoshop! I'd been tempted to go back to 2020, but I'm a real estate photographer, and I love the Sky Replacement. I've always done it with layers and blend modes, but this is quicker!

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think you should try to update your drivers for card there are some bugs in 2021 version yet if you are facing this problem often its good to revert back to 2020 yet....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, I tried uninstalling photoshop and bridge and reinstalling, and it doesn't flash anymore. There are times, when I'm working and part of the image goes to a grey, but if I zoom in and out, it is fine. I probably should try to update my video card drivers. I forget how old this computer is, it's a 2017, but it was the most powerful Imac that year, so I expect to get more mileage out of it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0