• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 - How do you turn off "On-Canvas Controls"?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been looking to turn off the new on-canvas transform feature (for shapes) and I just can't seem to find a way. Is it possible? Although it's a great new feature, I'm quite allergic to bounding boxes 🙂

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean when the Move tool is selected?  If not can you describe in more detail please?

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

I should have added more detail. I mean when the path selection tool is selected, as well as the shape tool. Usually, there is only the outline of the shape itself (a bit like when you turn off the bounding box in Illustrator), while now there is a box around it, along with the dots you can drag to change the corners. Really cool feature, but it becomes so messy and cluttered when you work with a lot of shapes, that I have been using Photoshop 2020 for the past months.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 7.43.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-06 at 7.43.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work with multiple shape layers selected?  I can see what you are saying, but I don't know anyway to avoid it.  As soon as you use eith the Path or Direct Selection tools to select a shape, it has to select the workpath which brings up the Transform bounding box and handles.  Do you think it is something you could get used to?  A few new workflows have annoyed me innitially (The change to the Crop tool in CS6) but after using for a while I'd hate to go back.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I work with a lot of shapes. I might have to get used to it but it really boggles my mind why it wouldn't simply be an option. something you could switch off and on! I'll try - you're right, there were a few things that bothered me as well, and yes one is the crop tool lol!!!

Thanks for the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is you might be one thousands and thousands of users who dislikes this behaviour, so your best course of action at this stage is go and vent on the Feedback site.  While we have Sahil (he of the cool avatar) helping people on this forum, there are Photoshop Development Team members on the Feedback site, who will take notice of your point of view.  Squeaky wheels and all that.

I am not entirely sure of what search phrase or words you might use, so just do your best.

Adobe Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll look it up, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines