• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 incredibly slow

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About EVERYTHING in Photoshop 2021 and especially the Camera Raw functions is excruciatingly slow. I have an i7 (Windows 10) and the latest and fastest NVidia Gforce driver available, the thing is not even 2 years old and in top shape, but just selecting a filter or a preset takes about 10 to 12 seconds and the laptop sounds like it's going to take off a runway!  I see in the community and on the Internet that there are a LOT of complaints about the performance of PS 2021. Are you guys planning a fix soon, Or should I  go back to Photoshop 2020?  The performance issues didn't exist in the 2020 version on my computer. At all. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, "us guys" don't work for Adobe. This forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users, so we do not have prior knowledge of fixes.

Your slow running problem is not universal, Photoshop runs fine here, but is not unheard of either. You might want to post over in the Feedback forum which is monitored by developers but you will need to give full system details (OS, GPU model and driver version, and exact Photoshop version).

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've ditched 2021 and went back to 2020. It's practically unusable.
It's absolutely diabolical. 5+ minutes to start up "Reading brushes..." 
Then lag, hanging, freezing, not letting me save...
Dreadful. And that's with all the steps done that were recommended. Nothing changed. Nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines