• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 is making my computer slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember how recently exactly it started, maybe as soon as I updated my mac os for Catalina back in November or December last year? Or maybe since I installed Ps 2021, or perhaps very recently when Ps 2021 got updated this month; or perhaps even when I sdecided to sync my downloaded brush presets so I can use them on any computer. Needless to say for the past ten days as far as I can recall my my photoshop has been progressively getting slower and slower, and anytime I open it it lags my whole computer.

Any other adobe product works just fine, but Photoshop specifically seems to cause my computer to lag or even crash and I don't know why.

I'm inclined to believe it has something either to do with the Catalina or the recent program update but I don't know for certain.

I wanna say maybe I'm due for a new desktop, I mean I had it for well over five years already after all, but that said it still seems to be okay except for my photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8 GB memory, and 423.84 GB available out of 1 TB.

I'll try resetting my photoshop prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe change machine requirement between Photoshop 2020 and Photoshop 2021.  How does you Mac GPU stack up with PS 2021 requirements.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8 GB memory, and 423.84 GB available out of 1 TB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to upgrade to at least 16GB of RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where can I buy them, and do they have to be the same brand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines