• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 -- Lost Paintbrush preview "size and hardness" in red

Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working, painting away, adjusting the brush size and hardness the way I always have, in the past, holding down the Alt (Option key on the Mac) and clicking the right mouse button. A friendly sort of 'preview' always appeared in a red overlay. I moved the mouse up to increase the Hardness or down to decrease it, and I would be done.  

Now, puff!, all that is gone? I have no idea what could account for this "loss", all of a sudden. 

I restarted Photoshop to no avail.

I restarted my PC to no avail.

I trashed Photoshop's Preferences to no avail.

I ran into this issue, in spring, at school, on the Macs, but I didn't really care as long as I could still enjoy the feature on my PC. But now, I have no idea where to go, and this is a feature I have grown very fond of over the years.

Any help is appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been repported top Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update this morning, 22.0.1. 

It worked fine, until... I have no idea what could have happened. Did I inadvertently changed some Preferences? Or could it be there was some 'interaction' with my darn Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 or -- gasp! -- "driver"? For which I paid through the nose? Wish I could install on a "blank slate" and try my luck again because I swear it was working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem! I use this feature constantly and it's slowed me down a bit since losing that in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue has been reported to Adobe here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines