• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 Menu Bar missing

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot not see the menu bar at the top of my Photoshop 2021 screen.  If I hover over an area the drop down options appear but the actual Menu title options are not showing e.g. File, Edit, Layers etc.  Could someone please let me know how I can get these back as it is a bit annoying and frustrating.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Hi there,

Sorry that the menu bar in Photoshop 2021 is not showing up. 

It seems you are either working on Full screen mode or Sreen mode without the menu bar. Press "F" on your keyboard to quickly cycle through all the screen modes and see if that works. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/viewing-images.html#change_the_screen_mode 

If not, please checkout the suggestions below:

Suggestion #1
Try resetting the Photoshop preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

If you're using MacOS, the Photoshop menu bar isn't displayed within the Photoshop window - instead, the MacOS puts the menu bar at the top of the entire screen, above the Photoshop window. Try looking there instead.

Photoshop-Menu-MacOS.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the menu bar in Photoshop 2021 is not showing up. 

It seems you are either working on Full screen mode or Sreen mode without the menu bar. Press "F" on your keyboard to quickly cycle through all the screen modes and see if that works. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/viewing-images.html#change_the_screen_mode 

If not, please checkout the suggestions below:

Suggestion #1
Try resetting the Photoshop preferences.
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Suggestion #2
I think you are referring to a missing Menu bar but could it be the Options bar that you are missing (Window > Options)

Let us know how it goes,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MENU IS GONE.   I've right-clicked, left clicked, pressed F, pressed and held Alt+CMD+Shift to start photogrop and deleted current settings, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, unplugged my monitor, restarted system ... I can't get the menu.  No window, no settings ... nothing.    Help!  

Thank you! 

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW Photoshop 2021 

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.24.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue after a recent update..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if its windows, simply press "tab" key 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pavithra24451017h4m2 wrote:

if its windows, simply press "tab" key 

The Tab key will hide/show the panels and will not restore the menu bar.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too . And can not resolve .plz help me 

I cannot not see the menu bar at the top of my Photoshop 2021 screen. If I hover over an area the drop down options appear but the actual Menu title options are not showing e.g. File, Edit, Layers etc. Could someone please let me know how I can get these back as it is a bit annoying and frustrating. Thank you.

My ram is 6 gigabite and windos in 10 

64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed by moderator] ?!?! I have the same problem.  There I was racing to beat the deadline on a calendar I was creating for a client when the MENU BAR under the Tool Bar at the top of the screen suddenly disappeared and I can't seem to get it back. Can someone in plain and simple terms for a newbie like myself PLEASE tell me how I can restore it so I can finish my work? I am operating on W10 64 bit with 5 gig of Ram. This is immenely frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't find it.  So frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem, and then I figured out the solution:

I use Photoshop 2022 on a MacBook Pro 2019 (Intel)  with the laptop closed and plugged into an external monitor.

So of course when I opened the laptop the Options bar was hiding there.

This is a bug, and the engineers at Adobe should fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elizabethh30480441 Can you let us know what you have tried so far to fix the issue? Please give us your operating system information and the exact version of Photoshop you are running. Have you tried reinstalling? Resetting your preferences? Closing everything and restarting your computer? Most people have been successful with one of these methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried that.  I honestly don't want to run any more photoshop updates - because it makes things harder to reset - and then I am late with work projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using MacOS, the Photoshop menu bar isn't displayed within the Photoshop window - instead, the MacOS puts the menu bar at the top of the entire screen, above the Photoshop window. Try looking there instead.

Photoshop-Menu-MacOS.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My top bar (shown by Anne5CE3 above) was missing, and that was what was causing my Photoshop menu to be missing as well. I restored the top bar on my Mac by going to Settings > Dock & Menu bar and changing my settings like the picture below. That fixed it!Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 10.32.23 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that does not fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@elizabethh30480441 can you describe your computer: a Mac, a PC? do you have several screens? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help. You fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, did that. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed thats where my menu went. I cant see it in my cintiq, I think because I disbabled the "monitors have separated spaces" on the display settings since all photoshop kept reverting to my main monitor every time I turned the cintiq off. 

Turning off the "separated spaces" setting seems to have fixed that, but now I have no photoshop top menu on my cintiq. Sweet. 

Do you know if there's a way to re-integrate the top menu to photoshop instead of it being on the MacOS?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has this been fixed.  My creative Cloud account upgraded photoshop and I cannot see my Windows bar.  I've tried the options in this thread and none have worked.  The first image is what I. See, and the second images shows what happens if I click where the m3 I options would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue, and I found at the very bottom of the tool bar that's traditionally on the left side of the screen, theres an icon (screenshot below) that switches the screen mode. Change it to standard screen mode, and menu bar should return. Or you can just press "f" to switch between screenmodes.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 1.37.13 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines