• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 not opening on Mac

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mac Catalina 10.15.7 and Photoshop does not open. Any ideas what I need to do? Lightroom Classic works but when I go to EDIT in PHOTOSHOP - Photoshop will not open. When I try to open Photoshop independently, I get the same error. 

What's my next step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Hi new version has bugs it is better to use 2020 for stable work...regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi new version has bugs it is better to use 2020 for stable work...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

I have the same problem. 

Fortunately, if I reboot, I can open it up 'sometimes'.

In addition to that, the latest update version does not save the image upon returning from HDR Pro.

I had been using Photoshop since 2006 and never had such a problem (or so much problems) before.

I am not sure if this is a Mac Catalina problem or a photoshop problem and I am too scared to update to Big Sur.

I have no idea why I am still paying Adobe and what for... I am so depressed I might as well... oh, never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry i hope it will be fixed soon...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is similar, but not identical. Photoshop opened fine, and then I began working with an image imported from Lightroom Classic (no problem) but when I sent the image to Luminar 4, when it came back into Photoshop, the image was first all blacked out, then when I tried again, it had a blue overlay. When I tried again, Photoshop crashed and then would not open, no matter what I did. I had to reboot the computer (Mac, Catalina 10.15.7) after which Photosdhop opened. So I did a work around. I sent the same iamge from Lightroom Classic to Luminar as a plug-in, and then from Lunmiar I exported to Photoshop and all was well. Saved the said image in Photoshop from Tiff to psd. Again no problem. That's as far as I got. tomorrow will see if it's a Photoshop vs Luminar problem or Photoshop vs Catalina.

Grrrrrrrrrr......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup me too. What a pain in the butt! Thanks for the advise. will try installing older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I will try restarting the Mac but help!  I have a deadline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a restart of my iMac (Catalina 10.15.7) Photoshop has opened and not quit.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I hope you have already found the solution but if not, you should go to your adobe cloud control and uninstall the latest version of PS that you are having problems with.
Then when you are ready to install again, click next to the install button and select “other versions”. The adobe support person helping me, selected the earliest version for me because I had tried installing just a few versions back which wasn’t enough to fix the issue.
If you are having trouble figuring it out, just log in to your adobe account and open the chat window with customer support. They are very helpful. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the tip. I was able to get Photoshop to open and everything is now working to my satisfaction.

Doug Mattice
Fine Art Photographer/Educator/Digital Artist

Https://www.artistrybymattice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Photoshop 21.2.8 works fine...

Or update to Big Sur like my Mac at home..  Photoshop 22.4 works fine on that system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines