• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2021 not opening on macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whe I tried to open photoshop 2021 on my mac (macOS Catalina 10.15.7) from lightroom and the screen was not fully loading staying black and then freezing the whole application. I have tried to force quit the application and open it different ways a few times but now the icon just hops. I tried to open through the file in finder under macos but it went back to the original problem of not fully loading the screen. 

It was working fine earlier this afternoon. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the terminal log. 

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit 

Sammys-MacBook-Pro:~ sammyozere$ /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ 2021 ; exit;

2020-10-29 15:14:41.044 Adobe Photoshop 2021[1470:33194] AdobeCrashReporterInitialize: executionTime = 0.003721 seconds

2020-10-29 15:14:41.067 AdobeCRDaemon[1473:33242] CR dialog Preference for force quit 1

Creating new log file at: /Users/sammyozere/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2021//ACPL__2020-10-29_19-14-44.949777Z_00.log

././js/0.js:374754: Uncaught Error: Failed to load db

uxp://uxp-internal/webfs_scripts.js:425439: Uncaught Error: Failed to load db

2020-10-29 15:22:53.381 AdobeCRDaemon[1473:33243] exitStatus: 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I redownloaded Photoshop 2021 and it's still freezing immediately on the grey screen. 

Image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is crashing every time or it takes forever to do something. Really don't understand it, tried everything. At first it said that my memory was full, so changed that and now im working with a 4terabyte memory, but still it's working really bad.  Nothing is like it should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this problem. First, have you checked to make sure that your system is compatible with the new version: Check here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

And second, check here to see if the error you are having is beinc caused by an incompatibility with the Graphics Processor card: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Let us know if these help, or if you are still having this issue.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines