Highlighted

Photoshop 2021 (PC) - shape layer colour edit

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to double click on a shape layer to change the colour, now it seems I have to add more steps to acheive the same. I seem to have to select the shape, make sure I have Live Shape Properties selected in the properties tab, then click on the Fill Colour under the Appearance section, then click on the colour picker in the dialogue that pops up.

That is NOT an improvement to my workflow! Is there a new tick box somewhere for 'Use legacy quick workflow'?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 (PC) - shape layer colour edit

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to double click on a shape layer to change the colour, now it seems I have to add more steps to acheive the same. I seem to have to select the shape, make sure I have Live Shape Properties selected in the properties tab, then click on the Fill Colour under the Appearance section, then click on the colour picker in the dialogue that pops up.

That is NOT an improvement to my workflow! Is there a new tick box somewhere for 'Use legacy quick workflow'?

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still double click and change color??

Capture.jpg

or change pattern or gradient

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that 🙂

I've cross tested with another machine and it works on the one with GPU enabled and doesn't with the machine with the slightly older game spec GPU. I can't believe that a double click and launch from a layer thumbnail, is any different from double clicking on the foreground colour preview in the tool palette, so it can't require a state-of-the-art GPU to accomplish the request? So I call 'unexpected feature' in the bagging area, along with the Hand tool not functioning unless you have a top-end graphics card 🤦🏽‍:male_sign:. And yet both machines can use the beta Neural Filters...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I have updated the GPU drivers, PS now detects the GPU and the Hand tool now works and the colour picker is launched from the shape layer preview. Which is good, but the fact the two functions don't work in the previous GPU state is an 'unexpected feature' as both functions work from other sources within the application. I call bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0