Photoshop 2021 Selecting Layers Problem??

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can't be the only one dealing with this. Something weird is happening when I try to select layers to work on them. For instance I used to be able to click on a folder of grouped layers and move that entire group at once, but now only selected layers are moving. Or, I go to move a specific layer, and Photoshop automatically selects a different one. It is seriously messing with my workflow. Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop 2021 Selecting Layers Problem??

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can't be the only one dealing with this. Something weird is happening when I try to select layers to work on them. For instance I used to be able to click on a folder of grouped layers and move that entire group at once, but now only selected layers are moving. Or, I go to move a specific layer, and Photoshop automatically selects a different one. It is seriously messing with my workflow. Help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 04, 2021 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have AutoSelect enabled in the options bar for the Move tool, then uncheck it to see if that solves it.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2021 1